a time machine

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
simonm

Post by simonm »

Si wrote: simonm wrote: cnosni wrote: wiggy wrote: Mick_SGC wrote: Now I'd go back a few minutes, right before I nearly zapped my computer with my cup of tea I'D GO BACK A COUPLE OF HOURS AND THREATEN THAT SO CALLED INDEPENDANT PANEL WITH THIER LIVES...WHEN I GOT BACK WE WOULD BE PROMOTED!! (RANT OVER WITH).....YEAH WELL CARRY ON THEN.. Wiggy,just imagine that we win promotion now on the back of our play off results,that would shut them all up mate.Even Bates,as an outsider,must acknowledge the negative bias that Leeds recieves. My only concern with that is that LUFC have never fared well in play offs. Oh, Simon - you've gone and done it now!!! hahahaha I'm just pre-empting the feeling of utter dejection I'm gonna feel in a few weeks time!    
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Mick_SGC

Post by Mick_SGC »

I'm just proud that we did so well even with the points deduction!(I know this may get allot of stick chucked my way...but)I was at old trafford (<----Just that bit) in march and out of 60,000 people I was the only one not "STANDING UP FOR THE CHAMPIONS" apart from the away fans obviosuly. But it made my day, got some funny looks though, and walking through the crowds at half time while they all que for the £9 pie and a pint was scarey, its like they knew I was from Leeds, "WE ALL HATE LEEDS SCUM" was being sang in unison. I felt proud that they even cared, yet at the same time, so very, very small.I'd go back in time and not go, even if it up sets the Mrs.    
I'll be back (arnie)

simonm

Post by simonm »

Mick_SGC wrote: I'm just proud that we did so well even with the points deduction!(I know this may get allot of stick chucked my way...but)I was at old trafford (<----Just that bit) in march and out of 60,000 people I was the only one not "STANDING UP FOR THE CHAMPIONS" apart from the away fans obviosuly. But it made my day, got some funny looks though, and walking through the crowds at half time while they all que for the £9 pie and a pint was scarey, its like they knew I was from Leeds, "WE ALL HATE LEEDS SCUM" was being sang in unison. I felt proud that they even cared, yet at the same time, so very, very small.I'd go back in time and not go, even if it up sets the Mrs.     aye Mick,, Were not famous anymore!!! Love it!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

I'd like to have lived in the Medeivel Hunting Lodge in Rothwell in the time of Ilbert De Lacey or in Roger Hopton's Manor House
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

Chaddy 83

Post by Chaddy 83 »

I'd go back 100 years and see what Middleton and Beeston were like back then. I've seen pictures and I can't believe how different some of the places look. Old lane, Wesley street.Then I would go meet the family. I know my great grandma was born in 1901 in Hunslet so my family were definetely in Leeds at the time so I would go see them and find out more about my family (I would do it myself now but it seems like a lot of hassle)

Briggy

Post by Briggy »

I'd like to sit in the branches of the Shire Oak and listen to proceedings at the meetings held there back when Adam was a lad.