Boodle Am

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
fevlad

Post by fevlad »

has finally shut downI enjoyed gettingv stuff from boodle am-it kind of marked my transition from a mod to a hippy.got my first pair of loons and boat necked t shirt therebefore then it was on a saturday moring a visit to ray Allan, or if flush cecil G(now a mobile phone shop), then to vallances to by a record. then harringtons at the side of The Odeon for cheap tab collar shirts.topped off by an hour in the kardomah tea room(now the Halifax I think)and back on the bus to fev in time for Thank your lucky stars.Boodle am was ipoirtant-it broadened peoples horizons regarding the way they dressed.
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

[quotenick="fevlad"]has finally shut downI enjoyed gettingv stuff from boodle am-it kind of marked my transition from a mod to a hippy.got my first pair of loons and boat necked t shirt therebefore then it was on a saturday moring a visit to ray Allan, or if flush cecil G(now a mobile phone shop), then to vallances to by a record. then harringtons at the side of The Odeon for cheap tab collar shirts.topped off by an hour in the kardomah tea room(now the Halifax I think)and back on the bus to fev in time for Thank your lucky stars.Boodle am was ipoirtant-it broadened peoples horizons regarding the way they dressed. [/quotei used to get all my kickers from there this is the end of (another) era!
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

[quotenick="Brandy"] fevlad wrote: has finally shut downI enjoyed gettingv stuff from boodle am-it kind of marked my transition from a mod to a hippy.got my first pair of loons and boat necked t shirt therebefore then it was on a saturday moring a visit to ray Allan, or if flush cecil G(now a mobile phone shop), then to vallances to by a record. then harringtons at the side of The Odeon for cheap tab collar shirts.topped off by an hour in the kardomah tea room(now the Halifax I think)and back on the bus to fev in time for Thank your lucky stars.Boodle am was ipoirtant-it broadened peoples horizons regarding the way they dressed. [/quotei used to get all my kickers from there this is the end of (another) era! Well yes it is ,but its the proprietor thats taken the decision to retire,so its not like theyve been forced out by some desingner boutique.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

[quotenick="Brandy"] fevlad wrote: has finally shut downI enjoyed gettingv stuff from boodle am-it kind of marked my transition from a mod to a hippy.got my first pair of loons and boat necked t shirt therebefore then it was on a saturday moring a visit to ray Allan, or if flush cecil G(now a mobile phone shop), then to vallances to by a record. then harringtons at the side of The Odeon for cheap tab collar shirts.topped off by an hour in the kardomah tea room(now the Halifax I think)and back on the bus to fev in time for Thank your lucky stars.Boodle am was ipoirtant-it broadened peoples horizons regarding the way they dressed. [/quotei used to get all my kickers from there this is the end of (another) era! ah! 'kickers',i read it wrong 1st time.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

jeffn

Post by jeffn »

did the original boodle am ( early 70's ) be upstairs in one of the arcades? - i remember a shop up there that sold 'easy rider' bomber jackets, never could afford one

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

jeffn wrote: did the original boodle am ( early 70's ) be upstairs in one of the arcades? - i remember a shop up there that sold 'easy rider' bomber jackets, never could afford one I think there was one but it wasn't the originalthe original was near the merrion centre I think
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

LS1

Post by LS1 »

I'm showing my age here, but can someone explain what it was? I'm guessing a clothes shop but I've not heard of it before.

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi everyone,I think that the Boodle Am Boutique was originally in either King Edward Street or Queen Victoria Street. As you know I was in the Leeds City Police and around 1969/70 we received information from an informant that the place was going to be burgled. Along with a couple of colleagues we spent a couple of nights waiting inside the premises, upstairs, awaiting the burglars. I suspect that they were tipped off as they never turned up.Ian.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

iansmithofotley wrote: Hi everyone,I think that the Boodle Am Boutique was originally in either King Edward Street or Queen Victoria Street. As you know I was in the Leeds City Police and around 1969/70 we received information from an informant that the place was going to be burgled. Along with a couple of colleagues we spent a couple of nights waiting inside the premises, upstairs, awaiting the burglars. I suspect that they were tipped off as they never turned up.Ian. they were probably hippies,so they got wasted on blunts and then forgot all about it.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

LS1 wrote: I'm showing my age here, but can someone explain what it was? I'm guessing a clothes shop but I've not heard of it before. It was indeed a clothes shop - boutique in the 'Carnaby street' style - Loons a speciality. It also had lots of other hippy-type paraphernalia - cow-bells, joss-sticks,cigarette papers, copies of 'Oz' and 'Zig-zag' etcIf memory serves the original shop was on Queen Victoria Street - a few doors up from the original Virgin Records.
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.