Icecream Vans / Sellers

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
liits

Post by liits »

The only two things that spring to mind at the moment are 1. the icecream [as opposed to Iced Cream] van that came around my grandma's in Scothall Grove. As music, it played "Green Sleves" and it drove Grandma to distraction. 2. The Italian chap who came round Crossgates. His was real "Iced Cream", not frozen milk powder. Even my Mam would eat it! Grand Stuf!

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

Someone on here must know ''Tony's Ices''. He's a big guy, skin head, wears thick gold chains an bracelets, and when you go for an ice-cream, no matter how old you are, 10, 20, 30, as he passes you it he shoves it in your face so u get covered in ice cream lol!! He used to go around burmantofts

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Yep, I remember the Italian guy and the 'proper' ice cream served with a scoop. Can't think what the tune was though.    

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Croggy wrote: Yep, I remember the Italian guy and the 'proper' ice cream served with a scoop. Can't think what the tune was though.     Paranoid by Black Sabbath? Hee hee ,could you imagine that!!"Finished with my woman cos she couldnt help me with my flake...."
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Croggy wrote: Yep, I remember the Italian guy and the 'proper' ice cream served with a scoop. Can't think what the tune was though.     I used to live at West Ardsley - just in Leeds Met. and the ice cream man who sold scoop ice cream was Lumbs from Wakey. It was real ice cream - not the muck made from powder and water. Caddy's of Dewsbury (Caddy was short for an Italian name) had an old fashioned ice cream parlour, an art deco place with red leather seats, tiled floors and mirrors. my dad took me first as a kid. You could get the lot there, knickerbocker glories etc. and the ice cream was the best I've tasted in these islands. Unfortunately it was pulled down to make way for the horrendous new shopping centre in 1980.
Industria Omnia Vincit

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

cnosni wrote: Croggy wrote: Yep, I remember the Italian guy and the 'proper' ice cream served with a scoop. Can't think what the tune was though.     Paranoid by Black Sabbath? Hee hee ,could you imagine that!!"Finished with my woman cos she couldnt help me with my flake...." SHAAAAARRON SHAAARON "IM THE PRINCE OF FU*%ING DARKNESS DO YER WANT A FLAKE IN THAT" LOL
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

OOPS! Were's Mary Whitehouse gone lol???
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

liits

Post by liits »

The music played by the Italian chaps van was "Under the bridges of Paris"

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Phill_d wrote: OOPS! Were's Mary Whitehouse gone lol??? For a 69,ooops a 99.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]