Holbeck - inner city desolation

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

FarnleyBloke wrote: Hi ParksiderUnfortunately to go exploring round that area often brings you into touch with some of the more "unsavoury" characters of Holbeck! You mean the inadequate Chavs who pimp their equally inadequate girlfriends off down there whilst they go burgling around south Leeds industrial estates?Nuts to the poor sods - I'm exploring!Besides there's always plenty of coppers having a rest in their vans on the pretext of sorting it all out.Let the circus perform. I'm exploring!

Ian R P

Post by Ian R P »

Yeah, I've seen some stuff on the 'Holbeck Urban Village'. I think Sweet street is gonna be reopened all the way thru and there is mass development all around Globe Road, Water Lane etc.It'll end up like Leeds's Shoreditch. All poncey shops and yuppiesdunno wots better, them or the prozi's.Still I quite like The Cross keys pub as it serves Goose Island Honkers Ale.

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

cnosni wrote: Si wrote: Would it begin with an "A", Cnosni? Its certainly a starter for 10 mate. Thinking about it, that's a pretty good location for it. Lots of derelict land, close to the city centre, just off the motorway...yeah, I can see that happening.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

I came across this 'living map' on the village site:http://www.holbeckurbanvillage.co.uk/li ... dex.htmTha audio commentary does seem to contain alot of buzz-speak I think and is perhaps not the easiest to listen to, but taken with the whole site, quite interesting.