1841-1901 Free Census Look up's!

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Loz123

Post by Loz123 »

Hi, anyone that has been talking to me on here will know i am interested in geneaology and history so much so... i am looking for new things to find....If anyone wants me to look for a family in any of the census's from 1841 to 1901 or all of these i am willing to look for you... i can also save the pages and email them to you...anyone who knows of anyone wanting some help or info send me a msg...
laura hustler

Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

Hi Loz,Is it just the Leeds census or do you have access to others as I also have a few out of towners that I need to find.Cheers.

Loz123

Post by Loz123 »

Hi i have access to everywhere across england sorry probably should have said that before, but what i do need to know is the surname any relatives names that are known... date of birth and roughly the region or area... if i have these should be straight forward...basically as much information you give me the b etter a match i can get, send me them and see whta i can come up with
laura hustler

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Hi Laura,a bit of a mystery for you. Courtesy of th mormons and their free access to the 1881 census I have established that Walter Chambers was living with Edward Mackley and the census describes them as Grandfather and Grandson living in Orton Waterville, Huntingdonshire.Walter being 12 (born 1869?) in the same place and Edward (a butcher) 81 (born 1800?) in Stanground (Northants, Cambridgeshire or Hunts(as the boundaries are a bit grey in that area)). The mystery is partly Walter's father was William Chambers born 1839 in OW and his mother Maryanne Pywell (b 1843 ? possibly Northants) listed seperately also in OW with several other children aged between 18 and 0.I would like to try and establish Walter's real relationship to what the census says is his grandfather but due to Walter's parents' surnames seems unlikely. Edward I believe did have 3 daughters and a son and courtesy of Cambridgeshire council putting transcripts of the Estate records of the Marquess of Huntly on the web beleve his wife was Susan Wooten Mackley (is wooten her maiden name?) who died in 1869.The other part of the mystery is that the limited access without subs to the 1891 and 1901 censii(sp?) have no trace of Walter although I have relatives born in the 1930's who met him. Best explanation is that I know he served in the army (hussars?) and may have been abroad on service when those censii were taken (I think he served in one of the Boer wars.)My email addy is my username on here separated by an underscore "_" in the middle at yahoo.comto keep it on topic of Secret Leeds I do know Walter guarded a railway bridge (2 of 3 possibilities still exist) close to Tommy Wass during the war    
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Loz123

Post by Loz123 »

Hi thanks for the mystery i am onto it now.... will let you know how i go on shouldn't take too long to get info...Laura
laura hustler

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

tyke bhoy wrote: Hi Laura,a bit of a mystery for you. Courtesy of th mormons and their free access to the 1881 census I have established that Walter Chambers was living with Edward Mackley and the census describes them as Grandfather and Grandson living in Orton Waterville, Huntingdonshire.Walter being 12 (born 1869?) in the same place and Edward (a butcher) 81 (born 1800?) in Stanground (Northants, Cambridgeshire or Hunts(as the boundaries are a bit grey in that area)). The mystery is partly Walter's father was William Chambers born 1839 in OW and his mother Maryanne Pywell (b 1843 ? possibly Northants) listed seperately also in OW with several other children aged between 18 and 0.I would like to try and establish Walter's real relationship to what the census says is his grandfather but due to Walter's parents' surnames seems unlikely. Edward I believe did have 3 daughters and a son and courtesy of Cambridgeshire council putting transcripts of the Estate records of the Marquess of Huntly on the web beleve his wife was Susan Wooten Mackley (is wooten her maiden name?) who died in 1869.The other part of the mystery is that the limited access without subs to the 1891 and 1901 censii(sp?) have no trace of Walter although I have relatives born in the 1930's who met him. Best explanation is that I know he served in the army (hussars?) and may have been abroad on service when those censii were taken (I think he served in one of the Boer wars.)My email addy is my username on here separated by an underscore "_" in the middle at yahoo.comto keep it on topic of Secret Leeds I do know Walter guarded a railway bridge (2 of 3 possibilities still exist) close to Tommy Wass during the war     if you book at your local mormon church,you can use all the geniology sites free,por gratis and for nothing.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

More than is available athttp://www.familysearch.org/?
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

'if you book at your local mormon church,you can use all the geniology sites free,por gratis and for nothing. 'Indeed so wiggy, Vesper Road up by Kirkstall Abey. Their 'public' night used to be Tuesdays. A wonderfully helpful bunch of people, eagre to help, who ever you are. www.familysearch.org is the Mormon Church research site, again free to all and gets you inside 'the mountain'. Not all records are available yet, but a plephora to date and constantly growing.

Loz123

Post by Loz123 »

Hi Tyke bhoy, not as easy as i first thought haven't really solved your mystery probably added too it as i have found more grandchildren who's parents i cannot be sure of... very interesting though it seems alot of these records are not their as their are hardly any BMD records and some census results do not seem to be their... i havn't searched outside of huntingdonshire yet but i will, i have managed to find what seems to be Edwards brothers all butcher by trade! and their familys i will email them too you, you said William was working in Leeds, i will search for him on the 1901 census i will tell you what i will find..
laura hustler

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

tyke bhoy wrote: More than is available athttp://www.familysearch.org/? One and the same people,Family search.org and the Mormons.They also have a free downloadable family history program,Personal Ancestry File,that allows you to build your tree on your PC.It is little limited in what it will allow you to do but i understand there will be an all sing and dancing version in the pipeline.The program works on a gedcom file system which allows you to swap tree details with other family history programs or websites such as Ancestry,Rootsweb and Genes reunited.As a consequence of this you can down load from from these sites and transfer the data to PAF.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]