RIP Phill D

Post by uncle mick »

Phill who was a regular contributor passed away on 13th Dec RIP
Screenshot (13).png
Screenshot (13).png (33.15 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

tilly

Re: RIP Phill D

Post by tilly »

So sorry to hear this sad news his knowledge of Leeds was something special R.I.P Phill.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Sad to hear. Phil had lots of very interesting and informative inputs into Secret Leeds such as in particular his Sheepscar Beck to the River Aire under the ground account. I wonder with his knowledge if he ever had any written records printed in such as booklet forms.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Worthwhile looking at some of the old posts as recorded by "THE WAYBACK MACHINE"

https://web.archive.org/web/20070601000 ... tleeds.com

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

Leodian wrote:
Wed 17 Jan, 2024 1:02 pm
Sad to hear. Phil had lots of very interesting and informative inputs into Secret Leeds such as in particular his Sheepscar Beck to the River Aire under the ground account. I wonder with his knowledge if he ever had any written records printed in such as booklet forms.
I agree with your comments Leo. Phil's posts were a "must-read" when I first joined this group.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

"Secret Leeds 2" on Facebook, are now showing a few of Phill's old posts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SecretLeeds2

mark1978

Post by mark1978 »

Sad indeed to hear this. He was certainly one of the leading lights on here at one point, his Meanwood Beck exploration and mapping being one of the things that drew me in, and fired ongoing my interest in a lot of this stuff. Not quite sure what the deal was with him disappearing from here and setting up on Facebook, but he posted some fantastic stuff over there too. RIP.