Windows 10....grrrr!

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
jgl1954

Windows 10....grrrr!

Post by jgl1954 »

Are there any techies on here? My computer was running very slowly so I reset Windows using my System Mechanic programme. When it starts up now all I have is a blank screen except for the recycle bin. I've tried to restart in safe mode but I can't see where to do that. I've been into command prompt and Windows is still there,I just can't start it! Any help gratefully received.

jma

Re: Windows 10....grrrr!

Post by jma »

I can't help with System Mechanic which I think is proprietary software.

I've used the reset facility within Windows 10. From the start button go to Settings, then Update & security. Select the Recovery option.

If you have problems getting to the Start menu, then pressing the Windows key if you have one or Ctrl+Esc should do it. If that doesn't work, I'm out of my very shallow depth.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Ideally you should only use the recovery tool on your PC or Laptop to do a recovery.

1. Did you make a boot disc when you bought your computer? If so then you can start it with that.
2. I don't know what the third party software "System Mechanic" actually does, it sounds like it hasn't done what was expected.

However if you PM me with your email address (don't post it on here) then I have some info which may be of use to you
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

jgl1954

Post by jgl1954 »

Got an expert in. Faulty hard drive apparently.