Big grey plane over Leeds

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
carrotol

Post by carrotol »

Did anyone else see the plane that was circling at the beginning of the week? Big, medium grey and looked old. Propellers on the wings. Any ideas as to what and why?

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

It could be google earth up dating there images again.. i hope you ran out & started waving madly so you can look at yourself later carrotol.
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

pid

Post by pid »

i happened to be out looking at the old tram line in middleton woods on monday and up on the top of the park there was a guy flying a remote control bi plane as the "big grey plane" was coming round for another circle. i tried a quick snap and here it is . bi plane to the left big plane to the right

pid

Post by pid »

well it wouldnt upload the pic and it wouldnt cancel my post either so youll just have to use your imaginations im afraid ho hum

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

carrotol wrote: Did anyone else see the plane that was circling at the beginning of the week? Big, medium grey and looked old. Propellers on the wings. Any ideas as to what and why? Dont worry everyone,it was a Hercules Transport Plane.They seem to do this quite often,i think its a regular type of thing for pilots.Its to maintain their knowledge of individual airports and their environs/peculiarities in the event that they have to be used in odd circumstamces.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

stevief

Post by stevief »

Phill_d wrote: It could be google earth up dating there images again.. i hope you ran out & started waving madly so you can look at yourself later carrotol. Somebody told me you never see any people on Google earth,is this true?

gledhowvalleysally

Post by gledhowvalleysally »

not true at all im afraid if you look at leeds people are very visible!

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Yes i've seen people although there isn't many... i don't know why tho?
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

This is Briggate. Not exactly heaving but there's quite a few people about.They look like ants- which reminds me. I was on a plane to France once - I said to my wife - "wow look at that - those people look like ants." She said" they are ants -we haven't taken off yet". (boom boom)
Attachments
__TFMF_ktkcbv45fy434d45lwzds4bg_e4615890-e973-4b5b-b332-2976ec1d1edf_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_ktkcbv45fy434d45lwzds4bg_e4615890-e973-4b5b-b332-2976ec1d1edf_0_main.jpg (124.68 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

The shadows aren't long and the sun is still in the south east as Briggate is virtually north/south from the arrow. It has to be Summer (didn't we establish June on another thread) which means BST and therefore the sun isn't at is zenith until 1.00pm give or take.I first thought Sunday but looking around Leeds the car parks are almost full although traffic is remarkably light on the loop and inner ring road amongst others. Given that it is close to the Summer Solstice and the streets aren't busy I'd go for between 10.00 and 12.00 when most of the workers are at work and given the lack of people on briggate and the out-door market I would think early in that period before the shoppers get in full swing.A sweep of a few schools I am familiar with shows plenty of cars in the car park but only evidence of kids in the playground at Beeston Primary. Mid Morning Break?
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/