Jock Pirie DC 406

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Jock Pirie

Jock Pirie DC 406

Post by Jock Pirie »

Hi All

My son was reading this site to me last night , as I am going blind and it brought back great memories of my time in Leeds. Should anyone wish to contact me please feel free to do so .

Arnold Jock Pirie ( I will answer all replies for my dad as he now does not drive or use computer) But he did manage 105 PNO Cruises

DC 406

iansmithofotley

Re: Jock Pirie DC 406

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi Arnold,

Although we never worked together, I remember you well from the day that you joined the Leeds City Police. I also remember you moving from the Uniform Branch to the Detective Branch, where you spent a lot of your service. I seem to remember that you moved back to Scotland after your retirement.

If you join the website for the Leeds Branch of N.A.R.P.O. there is a 1973 photograph of you at Upper Wortley C.I.D. along with Dave Maury, Dave Musgrove, Val Barker, Jim Parrott, Roger Anderson, Brian Barker, Len Bradley and Geoff Hanson.

http://www.narpowestyorkshire.co.uk/

Ian

Jock Pirie

Post by Jock Pirie »

Hi Ian

Its Arnold Pirie Jnr here with Big Arnold Jock NARPO Number where would I find that for Dad

Regards

Arnold Pirie

iansmithofotley

Hi Arnold,

I have looked at the N.A.R.P.O. website. It seems a bit confusing. You could just try to join and see what happens regarding 'Branch Number' and 'Membership Number'. I don't remember having to complete these details but I have been a member for many years, on the current site and the previous site. You could try sending an email to the Leeds Branch Secretary for advice. I did see that it was necessary to be a member of N.A.R.P.O., to join the website, and your dad might not be.

NARPO, 38 Bond Street, Wakefield, WF1 2QR [email protected] 01924-362166

Ian
Last edited by iansmithofotley on Mon 10 Dec, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jock Pirie

Post by Jock Pirie »

Thanks Ian

Is there any way you could download the picture and email it too me of dad at Wortley . Also dad asking about one policeman who worked with him Mick Beaumont dad asking if he is still alive or has he passed over

iansmithofotley

Hi Arnold,

I have tried to do what you said but without success.

Mick Beaumont died on 9th January 2017, aged 76 yrs.

Ian

jma

Post by jma »

I joined Leeds City Police in 1967 around the time Jock transferred here on the strength of a promise by the chief constable to recognise his Scottish promotion exams. Unfortunately, Alexander Patterson died attending a conference in Japan and his promise died with him. I lived opposite Jock in Coppers' Colony which is how he came to tell me those details.

Mick Beaumont was my neighbour here for many years, living just round the corner. Although he died of cancer, his death was quite sudden. He was planning a trip to the Far East with a couple of his ex-Army chums and he was being treated for a minor tremor in one hand which he used to laugh about. Next news he was diagnosed with terminal cancer and died within a few weeks.

PS to Jock Pirie (jnr) I replied to your PM when I received it but you do not seem to have read it.