Pork pies have been dropped from the UK shopping basket list.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian
PostsCOLON 5937
JoinedCOLON Thu 10 Jun, 2010 8:03 am

Pork pies have been dropped from the UK shopping basket list.

Postby Leodian » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:42 am

There are some Secret Leeds threads about pork pies. Though not directly relevant to those threads I notice that pork pies have been dropped from the list of items used in calculating the cost of a UK shopping basket and hence the cost of food inflation rate. Oh, and a full leg waxing has also been dropped!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.
volvojack
PostsCOLON 978
JoinedCOLON Tue 26 Jan, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Pork pies have been dropped from the UK shopping basket list.

Postby volvojack » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:21 am

Leodian"]There are some Secret Leeds threads about pork pies. Though not directly relevant to those threads I notice that pork pies have been dropped from the list of items used in calculating the cost of a UK shopping basket and hence the cost of food inflation rate. Oh, and a full leg waxing has also been dropped!

Today March 14th. is World Pi Day
TABBYCAT
PostsCOLON 187
JoinedCOLON Mon 02 Apr, 2007 6:55 pm

Postby TABBYCAT » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 2:11 pm

volvojack wroteColonLeodian"]There are some Secret Leeds threads about pork pies. Though not directly relevant to those threads I notice that pork pies have been dropped from the list of items used in calculating the cost of a UK shopping basket and hence the cost of food inflation rate. Oh, and a full leg waxing has also been dropped!

Today March 14th. is World Pi Day

I can think of 3.14159 (groan) reasons why pies have been dropped from the list, not least the lard ridden tasteless brown and pink supermarket bought pap that passes for pork pies these days which is enough to put anyone off them permanently.

How I long for one of Bradbury's fine offerings. ;)
tilly
PostsCOLON 1788
JoinedCOLON Mon 11 Jan, 2010 2:32 pm

Postby tilly » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 3:08 pm

Bentleys in Pudsey do a nice pork pie.Leg waxing dont talk to me about leg waxing i can only go once a month now i might give it up altogether and eat more bananas . :lol: :lol: :lol:
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Return to