An alternative Ice Cube 'event'!

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

An alternative Ice Cube 'event'!

Post by Leodian »

The annual winter 'Ice Cube' attraction event is currently being held in Millennium Square, Leeds. Waking along Call Lane on February 15 2018 an alternative 'Ice Cube event' caught my eye (well I could hardly miss it!). It was a pile of discarded ice cubes by the side of Call Lane that were presumably dumped there by any one of the many local bars. Though rather funny to see I wonder why the ice cubes were not simply put to thaw in a sink? On that cold day they would have thawed much faster indoors! The first photo is a close-up of the ice cube pile and the second shows its location by Call Lane (as I don't know who dumped the cubes I do not want the photos to imply that it must have been one of the businesses on either side of the pile).
DiscardedIceCubesByCallLaneLeedsFeb152018(1)..jpg
DiscardedIceCubesByCallLaneLeedsFeb152018(1)..jpg (137.04 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
DiscardedIceCubesByCallLaneLeedsFeb152018(2)..jpg
DiscardedIceCubesByCallLaneLeedsFeb152018(2)..jpg (122.4 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

volvojack

Re: An alternative Ice Cube 'event'!

Post by volvojack »

On Yahoo at the moment there are some C.C.T.V. pictures of a Large block of Ice falling from the Sky narrowly missing a Street Cleaner As this is on the Heathrow Flight Path Unfortunately I am not able to put the Live Pictures on .

Leodian

Re: An alternative Ice Cube 'event'!

Post by Leodian »

volvojack wrote:On Yahoo at the moment there are some C.C.T.V. pictures of a Large block of Ice falling from the Sky narrowly missing a Street Cleaner As this is on the Heathrow Flight Path Unfortunately I am not able to put the Live Pictures on .
Hi Jack :).

This is a link to the video http://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/peoplean ... ?ocid=iehp. As well as the ice block missing the people the car driver was also very lucky!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.