Opposite sex cleaners in shopping centres toilets.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Opposite sex cleaners in shopping centres toilets.

Post by Leodian »

Some time back now notices appeared at the entrances to the toilets in at least the Trinity and the Core shopping centres informing users that male and female operatives were being employed as cleaners. For a while after that happened If I went to use a urinal but noticed a female cleaner was working there then I did not go in and went elsewhere or came back later, but if a female cleaner came in while I was using a urinal I finished as quickly as I could. Over time I have got used to female cleaners and even if one is already in there I now go in and use a urinal.

I wonder what others feel about the use of female cleaners in the men's (I don't know if male cleaners go into the female toilet block)? Though I have got used to seeing female cleaners I still feel uncomfortable using a urinal while they are cleaning. I realise this is not a Secret Leeds topic but I thought I would post it to the General Chat section.

Edit added Jan 13 2018. In my post I state "Over time I have got used to female cleaners and even if one is already in there I now go in and use a urinal". I should have noted that if there is nobody using a urinal then I go away as I would not use one if there was only a female cleaner present.
Last edited by Leodian on Sat 13 Jan, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

blackprince

Re: Opposite sex cleaners in shopping centres toilets.

Post by blackprince »

There's nothing unusual about having female toilet attendants and cleaners in gents toilets in some parts of the world. On my first visit to Paris, in the late 70's , I got a shock when the woman attendant marched a whole line of women into the men's to use the cubicles and nobody batted an eyelid. More recently in Versailles I got a similar surprise when several giggling Japanese ladies wearing kimonos emerged from the men's cubicles. I think in Britain we are more prudish about such things and it offends our sense of propriety so I hope it doesn't become widespread.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!