May your Gods be with you

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
buffaloskinner

May your Gods be with you

Post by buffaloskinner »

Whoever you are, wherever you are, may your God be with you this Christmas.

:arrow:
Attachments
Home.gif
Home.gif (392.2 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

volvojack

Re: May your Gods be with you

Post by volvojack »

That's nice and may i add to that by saying a Happy and Holy Christmas and a similar New Year to everyone on Secret Leeds. It had given me such pleasure reading all your posts, keeping me in touch with the City that will be ever in my heart. Thanks again.

Loiner in Cyprus

Post by Loiner in Cyprus »

Merry Christmas and a prosperous and happy New Year to everyone.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Don't know about Leeds but down here in Gloucester I notice an absence of Christmas feeling both in the Supermarkets and the larger City Centre Stores . There seems to be no Carols and certainly no Hymns playing over the loud speakers which is unusual as it always been around since early December. When I enquired at the Tesco and Sainsbury's checkout one girl replied that it was playing, but very low volume, the other reply was that they did not have a sound system connected, I don't believe that for a moment.
Also the Local Rotary Club have large type of lorry / van which is always decked out with Christmas fairy lights playing Carols, Hymns etc. this is normally parked in a prominent place outside the entrance of a Major S/ Market with men and women dressed as Father Christmas. In the evening they come around the Streets and they raise lots of money for Charity. Hardly any signs this year
The Christmas Adverts for Marks and Spencers etc. on T.V. seem to have not the slightest reference to the story of anything connected with Christianity or the traditional Xmas.
The Salvation Army Band is also noticeable by its absence in our City Centre playing whilst their usually collectors stand around with boxes for any donations

Any one know the answer. ??

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi Jack,

Merry Christmas - although I am not a religious person, I suspect that it might be to do with Christianity, Immigration and 'offending people', etc., but I may be wrong. I realise that I may be treading on dodgy ground here but that is my view and I would not wish to get involved in any argument about religion or politics. Thanks for all of your interesting posts and jokes throughout 2017. Happy New Year for 2018.

Ian

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

My thoughts also Ian,sad but true.

The retailers etc. care not where the money comes from or how,they just pitch their campaign for
maximum returns.

The Christmas juggernaut left religion behind years ago and sadly many so called Christians let it happen.

First time ever we have never had any carol singers round.

My very best wishes to all at Secret Leeds over the Christmas period and may the
New Year be kind to you.

Please also try to keep this very worthwhile site active.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Thanks Ian and dogduke for your prompt replies.
May i wish you both and everyone else on Secret Leeds the very best for the coming New Year.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

All the best you lot.

I didn't realise the Town Hall lions had names. Apparently these are Barry and Betty. What are the others called?
Attachments
lions.jpg
lions.jpg (169.94 KiB) Viewed 2587 times