Help please in identifying some yellow objects.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Help please in identifying some yellow objects.

Post by Leodian »

While having a look around Google Maps I noticed some objects that I could not readily identify so I would appreciate any help. This is a link to the map http://www.proviser.com/street_maps/map ... ,-1.559165. On clicking the satellite view many yellow objects can be seen next to Bridge Road but after clicking on the zoom in + sign a couple of times they vanish and a large vacant area appears, so I could not zoom in far enough to make out what I think might be trailers. The map and the satellite view are both dated 2017 so clearly something changed between the taking of some images.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

warringtonrhino

Re: Help please in identifying some yellow objects.

Post by warringtonrhino »

They are yellow buses .
Attachments
yellow objects.jpg
yellow objects.jpg (134.06 KiB) Viewed 2665 times

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Its the old Bristol Street Motors site which is now used by MyBus

You would be much better off using the more up-to-date Google Maps rather than the one you used
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Thanks warringtonrhino and buffaloskinner for your help :). I should have realised they are buses so I feel suitably :oops: now.

As for being "better off using the more up-to-date Google Maps rather than the one you used" that was the Google site that the link I used brought up and had nothing to do with me not having a "more up-to-date" program. I have Google Earth Pro and have now used that and it did not have the problem of scenes vanishing as I zoomed-in.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

In the latest version of Google Map, you sometimes get the option to wind the clock back
If you click on the Street View tab, a smaller view opens and along the bottom of it is a date line showing the various dates that the scene was surveyed. Click on one of the dates and you get an earlier view.
This facility can be useful when trying to date a building etc.
Attachments
google dates.jpg
google dates.jpg (217.91 KiB) Viewed 2582 times

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Leodina,
I think part of the confusion lies in that although google imagery the link in your original post isn't google. By the way when you zoom in far enough for them to "disappear" they actually shift to the northern end of Gelderd Road albeit a brighter yellow.

Also as already pointed out by Warrington Rhino Streetview now does allow you to view its historic library in places it has passed more than the once. There is an image date in the box top left and also on the information bar bottom right. However the 2017 that currently appears bottom tight on the satellite and map imagery adjacent to the copyright sign is to legitimize the copyright. Unfortunately, at least at present the satellite imagery isn't dated
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/