Some nice Leeds themed artwork by the Leeds & Liverpool Canal near Leeds Station.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Some nice Leeds themed artwork by the Leeds & Liverpool Canal near Leeds Station.

Post by Leodian »

During a stroll on September 7 2017 I saw some nice Leeds themed artwork by the Leeds & Liverpool Canal where the trains bridge runs over the canal near Leeds Station. I call it artwork as it is too nice to be dismissed as graffiti, so I suspect it might be an authorised piece of artwork. Without actually going into the canal (!) I could not take a direct face on photo so these are the two angled photos that I took. I wonder however if sadly there has been some defacement pink paint sprayed over since the work was done?
ArtworkByLeedsLiverpoolCanalNearToLeedsStationSept072017(1)..jpg
ArtworkByLeedsLiverpoolCanalNearToLeedsStationSept072017(1)..jpg (142.98 KiB) Viewed 2284 times
ArtworkByLeedsLiverpoolCanalNearToLeedsStationSept072017(2)..jpg
ArtworkByLeedsLiverpoolCanalNearToLeedsStationSept072017(2)..jpg (172.64 KiB) Viewed 2284 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

volvojack

Re: Some nice Leeds themed artwork by the Leeds & Liverpool Canal near Leeds Station.

Post by volvojack »

After looking at Quebeks Elephant i then looked at some of their artwork on line which was mainly in Lancashire but scrolling down i came across one which was virtually the same as this one. the only difference was that it is photograhed from the other end and it features some folks looking at it.

volvojack

Re: Some nice Leeds themed artwork by the Leeds & Liverpool Canal near Leeds Station.

Post by volvojack »

Oops,
Just wnt back and looked at "Quebek artwork Leeds West Yorks" online and comparing them they are not similar apart from the LEEDS motif.
Certainly would like to know where this is though

sparky415

Post by sparky415 »

I like it.....
Come on Leeds United!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

In a thread about a bird sculpture opposite Calls Landing by the River Aire http://secretleeds.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6408 Steve Jones kindly provided the following link that had information about the sculpture https://de-de.facebook.com/RiverAireLs1 ... aterfront/. In other information brought up through that link it had photos of the Leeds themed artwork that were taken on September 3 2017 but also photos taken on June 25 2017 of what was a very similar artwork that the current work seems to have edited and/or painted over. I wonder if those earlier photos are those which Jack refers to in his post?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.