Possibly confusing information sign on Eastgate.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Re: Possibly confusing information sign on Eastgate.

Post by Leodian »

jma wrote:Leodian

When on your travels, you can inspect both versions of the sign displayed on the recently installed cycle track on Aire Street. As to whether this type of thing improves anything for cyclists, if you walk the fairly short distance to the end it comes to a junction - junctions being where most accidents occur - and returns riders into the traffic. I'd have taken some pictures to save anybody going to look but I was on the bus.
Hi jma :).

This is a photo that I took on June 15 2017 of what I assume are the signs. The green cycle track bit just there is very short!
PedestriansCyclistsSigns.jpg
PedestriansCyclistsSigns.jpg (110.47 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jma

Post by jma »

Leodian

Your picture perfectly captures the difference between the two signs I mentioned in my earlier reply. That nearer the camera has the pedestrian logo to the left of the vertical line and the cycle to the right, indicating the cycle track is next to the footway. That beyond the green bit has the bike above the pedestrians, indicating that the pavement there is for "shared-use."

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

And they don't really give a monkey's as they cycle where they want. What a waste of taxpayers money.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?