Killingbeck Cemetery Leeds.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
volvojack

Killingbeck Cemetery Leeds.

Post by volvojack »

My Cousin died recently and his Widow wants to comply with his request to have his Ashes put in the Family Grave at Killingbeck. Though i was there it a couple of years ago when his Mother's Ashes were also put in i just could not find it on my last visit to Leeds. I remembered thst it was quite sunken into the earth as it is over 100 years old. Today on phoning the Office and explaining, a young man, David Wonnacott took the details, such as i had and within minutes had the Location,the list of who, when and their ages all for me. I can now contact his Widow in Somerset with these details.
I know that it is their job to come up with answers but not all Council employees are as helpful. So if anyone, anytime needs to know about this Cemetery i can thoroughly recomend this man.

dogduke

Re: Killingbeck Cemetery Leeds.

Post by dogduke »

Hi Jack,as you probably know Killingbeck is a Catholic Cemetery so I doubt your very helpful friend was a council employee.
Just a word of warning,do you know who has the deed to the grave?.
Nothing can be done without the deed as I understand things.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

dogduke wrote:Hi Jack,as you probably know Killingbeck is a Catholic Cemetery so I doubt your very helpful friend was a council employee.
Just a word of warning,do you know who has the deed to the grave?.
Nothing can be done without the deed as I understand things.

Thank's for that useful advice doogduke. must look into that. as i posted earlier my Cousin's Mother's ashes were buried there attended by a n R.C. Priest a couple of years ago. Will get back with any news i have.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

The Cemetery Office have informed me that if the Family wish to scatter /put the Ashes on the family grave that will be no problem but if they wish to have a squre of earth dug out just large enough to accomadate the Urn. One of their gravediggers would do this, the charge would be £230. So i am going to pass this info. on to the family.