Search function.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Search function.

Post by Leodian »

I've noticed that the site again has a search function. Thanks to who has done it :).
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jim

Re: Search function.

Post by jim »

I second that. Great stuff!

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

I third it. Excellent!

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

Great. I had not realised that

Loiner in Cyprus

Post by Loiner in Cyprus »

Ditto

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

I concur all the above

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

"Help The Poor Struggler"
Not being computor savvy how do i go about it Please. Ie. i am looking this time for Leodians post about the empty shops, where he shows a picture of the Tattoo Parlour on Harewood St. Ta. in advance.

jim

Post by jim »

-Hiya Jack. Go to the first page - "forum index" and find "google custom search" - near the top between "board index" and "recent posts". Use it as you would google or any other search engine. Enter suitable words or phrases to search for the topic you are seeking, such as "harewood street" or "tatoo parlour" in the case of what you are looking for. It seems twork best if you use just a couple of words. Then click the "manifying glass" icon at the end of the line, and it will bring up a list of relevant threads which you can click to access in turn.

If it doesn't bring up the specific thread you are looking for, try again with differnt words or phrases. If you can remember the actual thread title it works best, but you may have to thrash around a bit if you can't. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

volvojack wrote:"Help The Poor Struggler"
Not being computor savvy how do i go about it Please. Ie. i am looking this time for Leodians post about the empty shops, where he shows a picture of the Tattoo Parlour on Harewood St. Ta. in advance.
Hi Jack :).

The link at the end of this might be the post of mine about the tattooing place that you want, though it is on Vicar Lane. http://secretleeds.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6199
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

A belated Thanks to jim and Leodian, for advice. Think i have got the hang of it now.
Great thing about this Site. one only has to ask for advice and there is always a sound reply. Jack Daly.