Original post deleted.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Original post deleted.

Post by Leodian »

Ooops, original post was posted twice in error so its text now deleted as I seemed unable to simply delete that post as the delete post function did not work!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tyke bhoy

Re: Original post deleted.

Post by tyke bhoy »

:D Leodian, if I didn't know you better fom your online personae I'd say you had been partaking of alchol inclusive beverages on posting that. I'm sure it makes sense though
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tyke bhoy wrote::D Leodian, if I didn't know you better fom your online personae I'd say you had been partaking of alchol inclusive beverages on posting that. I'm sure it makes sense though
Hiya tyke bhoy. That made me :).

When I posted my Kirkgate Market name thread I accidentally clicked the 'submit' button twice and I then found that I could not delete the extra post. Trying just deleting the text did not work as the system kept insisting I had to put in some text. Even trying to delete the subject title did not work. In the end I decided to change its title to 'Original post deleted' and then deleted and then added some text. My bad :oops:.

jma

Post by jma »

Frank Bruno with his gloves on would have better keyboard skills than mine so I'm very wary of advising anybody else about something like this but I've been in a similar position before on other internet forums and I think the answer is this (if it ever happens again.) So long as you are logged in you can edit your own posts and there's a little line of icons with your available options. So long as nobody has posted after the post in question, the options include a little x just to the right of the pen icon. Hover the cursor over that x and it will say something like "delete post?" Click on it and if this forum is like others, it will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the post. I'm pretty sure that if the post in question is the OP in a thread, the whole lot will be deleted, although I'm not going to post a test thread just to try. Obviously, it's too late for anybody without administrator authorisation now because other posts including this one follow yours. In common with many contemporaries, I find my grandchildren - all at primary school - a good source of IT advice. Louis Armstrong had a song about it ...They'll learn much more than I'll ever know....

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

jma wrote:Frank Bruno with his gloves on would have better keyboard skills than mine so I'm very wary of advising anybody else about something like this but I've been in a similar position before on other internet forums and I think the answer is this (if it ever happens again.) So long as you are logged in you can edit your own posts and there's a little line of icons with your available options. So long as nobody has posted after the post in question, the options include a little x just to the right of the pen icon. Hover the cursor over that x and it will say something like "delete post?" Click on it and if this forum is like others, it will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the post. I'm pretty sure that if the post in question is the OP in a thread, the whole lot will be deleted, although I'm not going to post a test thread just to try. Obviously, it's too late for anybody without administrator authorisation now because other posts including this one follow yours. In common with many contemporaries, I find my grandchildren - all at primary school - a good source of IT advice. Louis Armstrong had a song about it ...They'll learn much more than I'll ever know....
Hi jma :).

I did try the delete post option but that did not work.