Where's Fay Wray when we need her?

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Where's Fay Wray when we need her?

Post by Leodian »

King Kong is looking very angry by the Henry Moore Institute (next to Leeds Art Gallery) in this photo that I took today (Nov 22 2016). Fay Wray (she played Ann Darrow that King Kong fancied in the classic 1933 King Kong movie) is clearly needed to soothe the savage beast ;).

The second photo shows the description of the excellent fibreglass sculpture (the bright marks along the top are reflections of a ride in the fun fair behind me).
KingKongNov222016.jpg
KingKongNov222016.jpg (100.73 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
KingKongInfoNov222016Nov222016.jpg
KingKongInfoNov222016Nov222016.jpg (177.2 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

volvojack

Re: Where's Fay Wray when we need her?

Post by volvojack »

Is it me ? "Art"
i think these sort of sculptures are awful but then i never liked the Henry Moore one either,

No offence intended Leodian as to your photographic skills.

As for having Fay Wray to sooth the beast, if you get a chance have a look at the remake of King Kong that is going the rounds on T.V. at the moment starring jack Black, it is quite spectacular.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

volvojack wrote:Is it me ? "Art"
i think these sort of sculptures are awful but then i never liked the Henry Moore one either,

No offence intended Leodian as to your photographic skills.

As for having Fay Wray to sooth the beast, if you get a chance have a look at the remake of King Kong that is going the rounds on T.V. at the moment starring jack Black, it is quite spectacular.
Hi Jack :).

Your "photographic skills" comment is nice. At best though I regard photos I submit as being only quick snap quality taken with easy settings on a compact digital camera. I do like to take photos of things that are transient, as seen in this photo that I took on June 25 2012 at the Henry Moore Institute, Leeds. I never did know what the white 'things' were supposed to represent. That it is over 4 years now since they were there is amazing as it does not seem that long :o.
HenryMooreInstJune252012.jpg
HenryMooreInstJune252012.jpg (86.15 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

I would say they are "artistic" reproductions of the polystyrene "worms" used to pack items for transport.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

chemimike"]I would say they are "artistic" reproductions of the polystyrene "worms" used to pack items for transport.

Remind me of those awful Monkey nuts that seem to appear about Christmas time, very dry tasting.