Defence Discount Card.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
volvojack

Defence Discount Card.

Post by volvojack »

There is a scheme where if you have served in the Armed Forces you can apply for a Defence Discount Card which costs £5.99 for a period of Five years and gives Discounts at various Stores, Travel Lodges etc. I do not know why it does not include Ex. Police Officers, this seems unfair.
I have applied for mine but my Son In Law has had one for some time and has various discounts from 10% off his breakfasts at Morrisons to £21 off a weekend break in Cornwall. there are a whole range of offers.
When you apply it will ask to pick from a list of areas you would like to use the card but as you continue the choice becomes Nationwide, some of my retired pals have had their £5.999 back already in Costa or some other coffee chain.
At just over a £1. a year it is too good to be missed. You Must be able to supply proof of Service to receive this card.
Last edited by volvojack on Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steve Jones

Re: Defence Discount Card.

Post by Steve Jones »

try NARPO at this site for retired police:
http://www.narpo.org/
look under member services.There are various police schemes such as The Bluelight card, out there.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

That's good to hear Steve, I think anyone who has put on Uniform for their Country deserves anything that's going after retirement.
sadly some don't get that far

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

:idea:

Finally got around to ordering mine, discounts all over the UK. Already got a 30% discount at a Holiday Inn on a weekend in July.

If you are a serving or veteran you can apply here http://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk

:arrow:
Attachments
DDS poster.jpg
DDS poster.jpg (182.52 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
DDS Card copy.jpg
DDS Card copy.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

Many thanks for this, Jack.

Just e-mailed elder brother (ex signalman). :D