At The Bridge..in Rodley

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
LS13

Post by LS13 »

Last year , under the bridge which carries the Ring Road over the canal at Rodley, there appeared a huge chalked poem under the bridge. It was a bit weird and was called (maybe predictably!) I'm at The Bridge. it covered most of the wall and started at a height of around 10 feet so a ladder must have been used and it must have taken some time to write. It lasted about a week then got cleaned off-quite professionally too, so I guessed the council were responsible for the poetic cleansing.Then, a few months ago, a metal plaque appeared with the same poem. Its attached at about 15 feet so again someones used a ladder to put it up.Now, under the horizontal bridge supports someone has engraved on each one 'I'm....At....The...Bridge'.Also, (and this sounds really weird!)in a tree about 100 metres further down the canal, were (may still be there?) about 8 knitted robins, attached to branches with plastic ties. (No it wasnt magic mushroom season).Anyone know what its all about???

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Can you not get some pics to put up on here Ls13? It'd be good to see!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Rodley_Girl

Post by Rodley_Girl »

Hi LS13, not sure about the poem although I have seen the plaque. As for the knitted Robins, thats hilarious!!! Which direction were they in, towards the Railway or the Barge? I'm going to see if I can find them tonight when I take the dog out!

LS13

Post by LS13 »

Phill_d wrote: Can you not get some pics to put up on here Ls13? It'd be good to see! I'll have a go but I'm not very technically adept--I've never managed to post a picture on here before!

LS13

Post by LS13 »

Rodley_Girl wrote: Hi LS13, not sure about the poem although I have seen the plaque. As for the knitted Robins, thats hilarious!!! Which direction were they in, towards the Railway or the Barge? I'm going to see if I can find them tonight when I take the dog out! They were in a tree near the farm gates opposite the boat yard. Saw them about 6 weeks ago and must admit I havent checked recently. Hopefully you can update after your walk! May be unrelated but another strange thing I saw around the same time as the woollen robins was a bike on top of the bus stop up near Rodley roundabout. Again it didnt look to have just been thrown up there--it seemed to be attached to the bus stop and was stood upright on top of the shelter.Only seemed to be there for a day though. Definitely something strange going on...