Local tradesmen - nice work if you can get it!!

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
carrotol

Post by carrotol »

Hi all! Admin said it's O.k for us to have a forum where we can tell all about our fantastic local services/workmen, plumbers, decorators, mechanics and so on.I'd like to start by saying that I have had my car to my local garage (T + M, on Tong Road) for two different things recently. The first time they only charged me for half an hours work. I couldn't believe it. I've never been charged for less than an hour. The guy in the shop (Manni) is really friendly and the mechanic couldn't have been more helpful. He explained everything (not a clue what he was talking about but the thought was there) and offered to get some parts from a scrap yard if I wanted him to, to save money. Even put my new number plates on while I paid the bill. Not that I couldn't have done it myself of course (being a woman) but it was just one of those little things that make you want to go back there in future. So come on everyone, let's let people know about a job well done.

carrotol

Post by carrotol »

How weird! Myself and rangie had posted a few more messages on here and now they have gone. Also, the title of the thread has been changed. Hows that happened?

simonm

Post by simonm »

i know a cracking plasterer..
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

stevief

Post by stevief »

carrotol wrote: How weird! Myself and rangie had posted a few more messages on here and now they have gone. Also, the title of the thread has been changed. Hows that happened? I read those exchanges carrotol and it looks as though they'veended up on the 'cutting-room floor'.I suspect it's the work of the Secret Leeds censor!

carrotol

Post by carrotol »

But why? I was only talking about a 'dream', or maybe a nightmare

stevief

Post by stevief »

carrotol wrote: But why? I was only talking about a 'dream', or maybe a nightmare Perhaps they could envisage some irate (cowboy)tradesman sueingSecret Leeds for slanderous accusations of shoddy workmanship-even if it was true!Proberbly safer to compliment good work rather than criticise bad...

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

That's what you get for having a laugh it seems!!!!!! I'd like to know what i did to deserve a cut!
Love a Landrover

stevief

Post by stevief »

rangieowner wrote: That's what you get for having a laugh it seems!!!!!! I'd like to know what i did to deserve a cut! Sometimes it's the best pieces that end up on the cutting room floor rangie...

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

stevief wrote: rangieowner wrote: That's what you get for having a laugh it seems!!!!!! I'd like to know what i did to deserve a cut! Sometimes it's the best pieces that end up on the cutting room floor rangie... Some feedback would be nice from the Admin guys please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love a Landrover

carrotol

Post by carrotol »

Maybe we didn't use 'allegedly' quite enough.I can only assume from the lack of response on here that no-one actually gets any good work done anymore.Maybe everyone only gets work done by the ones that did my shoddy kitchen.Who's that you ask? Sorry, been banned from saying : (