whereabouts in Leeds are forum members from?

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
snowman1

Re: whereabouts in Leeds are forum members from?

Post by snowman1 »

born in x flats st beeston 1944
moved to x gates in 1967 and still there

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

Hi, Snowman, did you ever go in Cross Flatts club ?

snowman1

Post by snowman1 »

hi j.c.d
sorry to say no.beeston working mens yes also hunslet lib club (plaza) yes
x flats park school and then to the new one parkside sm.
regards
sm1

johnnyg

Post by johnnyg »

Born off Claypit Lane (Carr Place) moved to Chapel Allerton aged 2 and been there ever since apart from 6 years in Ireland.

Leeds1919

Post by Leeds1919 »

Was raised in Cottingley from 1983-2001, moved to Birstall until i just moved to Morley recently

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Here's the link to the replies from the old board :o

http://www.secretleeds.com/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=30
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Born St Mary's Armalee 20/01/1930! (S'right!) Lived Devonshire St (Near t'White Oss Pub,
Went upmarket 1933 With Dad's Job GPO, to Collingham (Pre Yuppy era!). Back to Bushire St.
Armley Rd. Then to Toft St Oldfield Lane New House! Dad couldn't Afford Tetley's AND a mortgage
so downsized to Woodhouse flat. Buggy!!! so on to Rosebank View Leeds 3.aged 7, Lived there 10 y\rs
Went to Burley Road School then Brudenell. Left at 14 worked as electrical apprentice at several firms
Finally gave up trying to work out Ohm's Law and blowing mains fuses so joined RAF at 17 in 1947.
Served in Egypt, Iraq, Germany Scotland and Belgium, Demobbed 1956 worked in Luton until 1966. Returned
to Leeds Bramley, due to Family circs. Various jobs till early retiring in 1994. Been around a bit then!
Cheers! Arry

yorkiesknob

Post by yorkiesknob »

Not much room for anymore with that CV Arry. ;)
Where there's muck there's money. Where there's money there's a fiddle.

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

I like to give value for money lol?

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Born at "The Willows", Broad Lane, Bramley, 1944. The house is still there (I think), almost opposite Globe Pub (if that's still there)! I think the house was used as a maternity home for a period during and after WW2. Mum came from Farsley, Dad from Leicester. He'd been conscripted in 1939/40, and posted to Bradford. Family lived in Calverley until 1946, when moved to Leicester after Dad's demob - he was a compositor on the "Leicester Mercury" newspaper. Lived in Leicester until 1953 when family returned to Calverley (same house, owned by my grandfather) - Mum inherited it on his death in 1958. Went to Pudsey Grammar School 1955-61. That's most definitely NOT still there. The front facade remains, but site now retirement homes. I don't think I'll move in there; PGS wasn't a very good school. Lived in Calverley until 1964 when work took me to London. Married a Bradford woman in 1969, lived in Bradford ever since. First jobs were in Leeds, and as a family we tended to use Leeds rather than Bradford for shopping & leisure, so I retain many memories.
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.