whereabouts in Leeds are forum members from?

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Loiner in Cyprus

Re: whereabouts in Leeds are forum members from?

Post by Loiner in Cyprus »

Potternewton 19yrs, Army 7yrs, Queenswood Drive 4yrs, Behind Headlingley Cricket ground 4 yrs, Bradford 7yrs, Egham, Surrey 2 yrs, Huddersfield 5 yrs, Royston, Herts 8yrs, Cyprus 9yrs, Ingleton, N Yorks 3yrs and currently live in Haltwhistle Northumberland

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Brought up in Osmondthorpe (making me an Ossy lad :P ) which is LS9 but post codes were unknown until many years later! In LS 17 now.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

I am sure theres another thread with the same question
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Croggy1
Site Admin

Post by Croggy1 »

LS15 (as my user name suggests)

p

Post by p »

Borm at St Mary's on the Armley/Bramley border, some say it's in Armley, some say it's in Bramley, personally I'd like it to be Bramley as that's not associated with the prison lol, brought up in East End Park on the Cross Green side of it, moved to Middleton, Halton, Stourton and now in Beeston.

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

Born Darnley Street Beeston
5- 12 Asket Garth Seacroft
12- 19 Kentmere Avenue Seacroft
19- 22 Kingston and Surbiton, Surrey
22- 25 Swarcliffe Towers
25- 45 Stanks Drive Whinmoor
45- now Warrington

jim

Post by jim »

Shipley 2 yrs, Ben Rhydding 6 yrs, Lower Wortley 7 yrs, Lincoln 1 yr, Chapel Allerton 6 yrs, Bramley 20 yrs, Hyde Park 4 yrs, Armley 27 yrs, intermediately short spells (2-6 mths) in Harehills, Pudsey, Doncaster, Darlington.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

We lived in LS9 when I was born, but moved to LS14 before I can remember.
I tried LS15 for a while, but found it a bit too trendy for my liking, so moved back to LS14 ;)
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

D A Young

Post by D A Young »

Leeds 17 for 25 years (it wasn't that until 1954, rather it was an unofficial variant of Leeds 7), educated for seven years hard in Leeds 6, only see it move to LS 17 St. Louis Mo for the next 40-plus. During that time almost annual (sometimes more, sometimes less) returns to family and friends in LS 17 and elsewhere among the postcodes. Carry a life long wistfulness that the trams never made it past Moortown corner at least up to the water tower, maybe onwards to Alwoodley crossroads on the purpose-made median strip that was and remains a part of Harrogate Road. A.D. Young

caro

Post by caro »

BORN IN SHEEPSCAR, MOVED TO NEW COUNCIL HOUSE IN TINSHILL AGED 7. MOVED TO CROSSGATES AGED 13. THEN TO CHAPELTOWN, THEN TO DEWSBURY,THEN BACK TO LEEDS CITY IN 1966. I MOVED TO BERKSHIRE AFTER MARRYING IN 1968 AND THEN TO CORNWALL IN 1976 WHERE I STILL LIVE. STILL VISIT LEEDS MOST YEARS AS HAVE BROTHER AND SISTER LIVING THERE.