whereabouts in Leeds are forum members from?

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Romany Rose

Re: whereabouts in Leeds are forum members from?

Post by Romany Rose »

:Good Morning
Sorry folks ,I am not Leeds based am DN22
My grandpops family came from Holbeck
Romany Rose
wwttx1

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

My Grandpop told me he used to get off at Holbeck quite regularly when he was a young man. funnily enough I never knew he was interested in trains though he had a close friend called Neville Hill

Carl (Roundhay)

Post by Carl (Roundhay) »

Leeds 8 - Street Lane, Roundhay 1969 - 1987

fearnville

Post by fearnville »

born at St James's 1947. lived hollin park Roundhay till 1954, then Fearnville. emigrated to Vancouver Canada 1975. still here..

loiner99

Post by loiner99 »

Born Leeds 1948 lived
Whingate
Newtown in a pub "THe Primrose*
Halton in the Portages
Batley
I have lived longer in Batley than I did in Leeds but I could easily get lost around here but know every part of Leeds still,
batchoy

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Pete wrote:Good Morning All.

Born in Leeds 1933. Lived in Alwoodley The Drive 1933-1953. Singapore 1953-1956.

Back to Alwoodley until early 1957 then came to Canada. Lived many places in Canada
until we settled down in Kamloops B.C. in 1985.

Kamloops a nice place to live.
I've been to Kamloops, Pete, and it did indeed seem to be a pleasant place. What surprised me was the very warm temperature (July), reminiscent of, say, Arizona.
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Magpie

Post by Magpie »

Born on Hyde Terrace, 1967, grew up in lots of places, but always came back to Mayville Road, Hyde Park (4th generation of my family to live in that house!).
I've lived in various parts of Leeds, including Hyde Park, Burley, Headingley, Kirkstall, Belle Isle, Middleton, Horsforth and Bramley.
Now I live in Stafford, but get back to visit family as much as possible.

bgams

Post by bgams »

In 1947 I went to Leeds as a baby to live in Abyssinia Terrace off Belle Vue Road, a few doors away from Jimmy Saville's home place. Shortly after that I went to live in a terrace house in Verdun Terrace Leeds 6 which boasted an outside toilet next to the bins. In 1961 we moved to a modern semi-detached house at Farnley and the Cow Close estate which we thought was sheer luxury with its 3 up, two down an entrance hall (of sorts) and the absolute in luxury an inside toilet and bath. In 1966 I walked the beat as a bobby in Blackman Lane, the Headingly area and Leeds City centre seeing life therein. I now live in Northern Ireland with a life style totally different to that in my Leeds days but I often wonder which were/are the most satisfying.

bgams]

MrE

Post by MrE »

I'm in west Leeds, ls13

Bestmate

Post by Bestmate »

Hi everybody. Born and raised in the East End Park area of Leeds. Then lived at Swarcliffe, Garforth and for the last 30 years in Thirsk.
It may be 30 years, but Leeds is for ever in my heart.