Need a venue

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

Can anyone help me with this I'm looking for a new venue for our club I need somewhere on the 4th Wednesday of the month from around 7.30 pm till around 10.30pm. Its to accommodate around 10 to 15 people and serve alcohol. It also needs to be within a 1 mile radius of or in the City centre. Our current venue charges 10 quid per night. Our reason for moving is that the room we use is now being used by the public as well. Don't worry we ain't Masons or Devil worshipers in fact we are a Model making society. It might sound a simple request but believe me I have spent hours trying to find a venue but most pubs/ clubs either don't want to know or quote you something silly like 70 quid a night. You would think that on a mid week night they would welcome the custom. Anyone???

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Its a long time since I used it but the Delphi did have a "private function" room. I believe the Angel (Sam Smiths off Briggate) has had private functions while I have been in it too. Obviously no idea on cost or even if other conditions apply e.g. you must have food through them.For it to be set aside for 10-15 people I think you are looking at a pub with a fairly small room but you probably already realise/know that
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

rikj

Post by rikj »

The flickr Leeds photography group occasionally met in the back room at the Victoria on Great George Street. It may even have been free if you booked in advance.Only problem was other punters sometimes walking in and getting the hump that it was a private function. Might not be a problem now as it used to be the non-smoking room.I guess it's good for a pub to know that it's guaranteed 15 punters staying there all night.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

The venues that have been suggested are a good start - you might also try The Hogshead on Briggate (formerley Watson Cairns bike shop) which also has an upstairs function room.The Grove (next to Bridgewater Place) has several rooms and used to be happy to let them out for groups especialy midweek, but that was a while ago so I'm unsure if they still do.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

rikj wrote: The flickr Leeds photography group occasionally met in the back room at the Victoria on Great George Street. It may even have been free if you booked in advance.Only problem was other punters sometimes walking in and getting the hump that it was a private function. Might not be a problem now as it used to be the non-smoking room.I guess it's good for a pub to know that it's guaranteed 15 punters staying there all night. Work have used the Vic for quiz nights in times past. Agreed on the guaranteed punters but it depends on the punter,the night and the consumption. Half of orange squash every hour might not go down too well especially on Friday but 15 pints of whatever bitter every 30 - 40 minutes on a Wednesday might be more welcome
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

Thanks for the replies so far but unfortunately I have sounded out most of those and they are either too small or too expensive the George quoted me 40 quid a night, way out of our league could be a sod off we don't want you answer but all the same... The Grove was our venue many moons ago and was a push for 5 never mind 15 Thanks again guys and gals any further ideas would be great.Might give the Angel a go though.