SAVE LEEDS UNITED

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

I'll not go away....this message needs to be spread.A photo from today...King Billy looking like a tribal warrior...SAVE OUR CLUB!
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

parksider

Post by parksider »

I had a season ticket in the revie days..but lets admit football has changed so very much...its all greed no loyalty..the players now cant compare to the ones who played in revies team..that goes for all the clubs..I have finished with the game ..its a disgrace ..its rotten and corrupt all the way through now..agents ..the manager merry go round...the whole shooting match..of course i feel sorry for the true fans but im sure they can find other pursuits.. the people i feel for are the creditors..who supplied goods and services..some have gone out of business...i dont remember all this weeping and wailing when my rugby club ..Hunslet Hawks...ok i know we were small..were done out of a place in Super league which they had played for and earned..parksider

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

parksider wrote: I had a season ticket in the revie days..but lets admit football has changed so very much...its all greed no loyalty..the players now cant compare to the ones who played in revies team..that goes for all the clubs..I have finished with the game ..its a disgrace ..its rotten and corrupt all the way through now..agents ..the manager merry go round...the whole shooting match..of course i feel sorry for the true fans but im sure they can find other pursuits.. the people i feel for are the creditors..who supplied goods and services..some have gone out of business...i dont remember all this weeping and wailing when my rugby club ..Hunslet Hawks...ok i know we were small..were done out of a place in Super league which they had played for and earned..parksider Hear hear.And I have to say.....Bremner corner looks like a memorial for something that's dead and gone

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

Parksider - fact is, that people in Leeds seem to be hopeless at organising protests. To those of us at United trying to organise them, it feels like flogging a dead horse. Everyone is having their say across the United messageboards, but only a few are prepared to get off their backsides and DO something. The phrase "all mouth and trousers" comes to mind. One of the lads actually doing summat about it was a Hawks fan...he's seen his rugby club die through lack of protest and publicity....he's not about to let his footy club go the same way without a fight.I totally agree with what you say about the modern game - but unlike yissen, I CAN'T give up on the club I've supported for the past 50 years. I STILL get the same buzz going to Elland Road and seeing the lads come out of the tunnel, on the rare occasions I can get over to Leeds. Same for many Leeds fans scattered all around the world - the club is part of our lives. If it dies, there will be a massive hole in our lives.All of us feel for the creditors who have lost money - but that is not the fault of Leeds United...it is down to the bates scumbag bending the rules.United till either club dies, or I do!SAVE LEEDS UNITED
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

parksider

Post by parksider »

hi scandyi do sympathise very much..im a sporting man..but now i am neutral..i pick my matches..rugby league mainly..my first love...i go see the Bulls..the rhinos and the tigers..ok i dont get the same thrill as watching my own team...but maybe being neutrel i can appreciate the game..both sides..as for protests it just doesnt change a thing..lets off a bit of steam thats all..in the not too distant future there will be a European Super league it seems to melet them get on with it..its a much wider malaise than just football..there are no Harry reynolds..Manny cussins and Leslie silvers today..if there had been one would have stepped in to buy leeds united before bates got his foot in the door..the future of the club is the young supporters and quite frankly i would not take my children to a football match..all the diving cheating bad sportsman ship..could go on and on..parksider

volvojack

Re: SAVE LEEDS UNITED

Post by volvojack »

What is it about Leeds United ? these posts are from 2007 and nine years on the Club is still in turmoil.

One problem nowadays is that if a team is not successful it can not attract the better players who demand large salary's.

My brother and I began to watch United when football resumed after the second world war, stood on the open air Kop which had o terracing to only half way up. Such a shame that a City like Leeds can not have the team it deserves.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

[quote="volvojack"]What is it about Leeds United ? these posts are from 2007 and nine years on the Club is still in turmoil.

One problem nowadays is that if a team is not successful it can not attract the better players who demand large salary's.

My brother and I began to watch United when football resumed after the second world war, stood on the open air Kop which had o terracing to only half way up. Such a shame that a City like Leeds can not have the team it deserves

This season United will host Newcastle United which they have not done for some years. though i shall not be personally walking back up Wesley Street after the match to Beeston i remember that approx. 70 years ago we walked up there behind the most famous international of the day Jackie Miburn. He and his family were walking up that Street to their brothers Jimmy Milburns house who played full back for United. no such luxury's as a car in those days even for top stars.

It's difficult to imagine any footballer walking anywhere these days.
And sadly United are not much better today than they were then.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Save Leeds United?

Why bother!!
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

buffaloskinner wrote:Save Leeds United?

Why bother!!

Hey Up, won Two nil away, I can't believe it.