ITV Sunday Night Theatre 5th May 1974 'There Is a Happy Land'

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Jogon
PostsCOLON 3036
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Dec, 2011 1:28 pm

Postby Jogon » Fri 27 Jul, 2012 4:54 pm

Granada TV produced a film adaptation of this book by Keith Waterhouse. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077697/

Features Cllr Bernard Atha as the Park Ranger. Filmed in and around Leeds this ought to be a good time capsule and might be more enjoyable than current listings. Waterhouse was born Hunslet, later moved to Middleton then Halton Moor, so I don't know which bit it was filmed in, or all?

Does anyone know if I can buy it on dvd? I tried my usual amazon but only the book seems to be there.

Thanks in anticipation.
majorhoundii
PostsCOLON 404
JoinedCOLON Sat 12 Mar, 2011 6:55 am

Postby majorhoundii » Fri 27 Jul, 2012 7:25 pm

I remember reading it but don't remember seeing it on TV. My favourite Waterhouse is "Jubb"
Jogon
PostsCOLON 3036
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Dec, 2011 1:28 pm

Postby Jogon » Fri 27 Jul, 2012 10:08 pm

majorhoundii wrote:
I remember reading it but don't remember seeing it on TV. My favourite Waterhouse is "Jubb"


Don't know Jubb.
Came to him late, loved City Lights and just finished Streets Ahead -his Fleet Street days 50's/60's.

The Leveson Enquiry would've been worth following if he'd been giving evidence after an afternoon in the pubWink
York Road Lad
PostsCOLON 72
JoinedCOLON Tue 03 Aug, 2010 7:37 pm

Postby York Road Lad » Fri 27 Jul, 2012 10:17 pm

Jogon wrote:
Granada TV produced a film adaptation of this book by Keith Waterhouse. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077697/

Features Cllr Bernard Atha as the Park Ranger. Filmed in and around Leeds this ought to be a good time capsule and might be more enjoyable than current listings. Waterhouse was born Hunslet, later moved to Middleton then Halton Moor, so I don't know which bit it was filmed in, or all?

Does anyone know if I can buy it on dvd? I tried my usual amazon but only the book seems to be there.

Thanks in anticipation.


It was filmed in Middleton. A friend of mine at school lived there - and told me when they were filming. I seem to remember that his cousin played the part of the girl who was killed.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Jogon
PostsCOLON 3036
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Dec, 2011 1:28 pm

Postby Jogon » Fri 27 Jul, 2012 10:20 pm

Hey don't give the plot away..

Anyone know if this is avail on dvd?    
Mr White
PostsCOLON 8
JoinedCOLON Tue 23 Mar, 2010 11:56 am

Postby Mr White » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 8:23 pm

Jogon wrote:
Hey don't give the plot away..

Anyone know if this is avail on dvd?    

It was available on Ebay at one time. Keep checking it appears from time to time, good luck
Jogon
PostsCOLON 3036
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Dec, 2011 1:28 pm

Postby Jogon » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 8:40 pm

V kind. Will do.
User avatar
uncle mick
PostsCOLON 1415
JoinedCOLON Wed 14 Jan, 2009 6:43 am

Postby uncle mick » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 9:32 pm

There Is A Happy Land has been uploaded to You Tube today 17th April 2014

Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD_PeTTdu5Y

Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz9UpQElXVc

Part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KzaiRX0DwE

Part 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqBTj22fvZI

Hope all these links work Regular Smiley


Jogon
PostsCOLON 3036
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Dec, 2011 1:28 pm

Postby Jogon » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 10:31 pm

Thanks for that
Whyme
PostsCOLON 81
JoinedCOLON Thu 15 May, 2008 5:55 pm

Postby Whyme » Fri 18 Apr, 2014 11:54 am

Thanks, watched it all on youtube last night. Love the grown up yorkshire accents,

Return to





Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 9 and 0 guests