A LITTLE COMPETITION - The main picture at the top of the page.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
deano_bramley

Post by deano_bramley »

Why is the picture above of Otley? what do people think would be a better picture to truly capture leeds? maybe one of the city centre skyline......

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

Deano mate - the banner changes every time you change to anothe page, if you notice? Views from around Leeds and Yorkshire (and I saw Bolton Abbey there too, I think?) :-)I'd prefer just Leeds views too, but not sure where the site admin got their feed from? Might not be one available for just Leeds?
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

munki

Post by munki »

I'm sure all the pictures there are within Leeds MBD (inc Otley)! Kirkstall Abbey, maybe?At the moment, I can see the cobbled street at the back of the Corn Exchange. Let's have a little INSTANT COMPETITION. Identify all the banners across the top of the screen.GO!!!
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

well as i read the thread it was the seagulls statue in ront of the glass building on the corner of infirmary street and park row.as i type this response the banner is a lock gate. Possibly near the armouries but not under Leeds station (I think)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

deano_bramley

Post by deano_bramley »

Ha, i realised that the banners change everytime u click on a different link after I posted the message! well i am new to the site.....