Bramley Town Street

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
bramleylad

Post by bramleylad »

Does anyone have any old photos of the shops on Bramley Town street before the 1970's destruction.I grew up in Bramley through the 60's and 70's and would love to see pictures of the area to see if they match with my memories of it.

simonm

Post by simonm »

Was only a baby when this was taken, but I do remember it still being an antiques shop!! http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?reso ... BramleyLad, go to www.leodis.net and just put in the area you want to take a look at. You'll be amazed what comes up!!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

bramleylad

Post by bramleylad »

Thanks for that Simonm, I didn't realise there was so much on the leodis site. I've spent a fair while going through those images and there is a really good Bramley archive from 1960. I suppose this is roughly when the demolition began, although I remember lots of the old shops still here in the mid-late 1960's.Does anyone remember Hunton's grocery shop on town street, I seem to remember it was more or less opposite the Unicorn?