Posts moved to here as they appear to be a continuing discussion :

maxy b
User
Joined on:
17-May-2014 01:16:49
Posted:
4 posts

# Posted on: 17-May-2014 15:36:11.     Edit | Quote

I would like to know more information about david gricwith and malcolm tyerman i know thiers topics on here specifieing certain things i just want to know, my reason why is because malcolm tyerman is my grandad and its not like i can go asking certain things.

I know they did armed robbery's and the killing of sgt john speed and numerious other things just want to know more ?

uncle mick
User
Calverley, Middelton and Hunslet born and bred
Joined on:
14-Jan-2009 11:13:15
Posted:
1087 posts

# Posted on: 17-May-2014 19:50:00.     Delete | Edit | Quote

maxy b wrote:
I would like to know more information about david gricwith and malcolm tyerman i know thiers topics on here specifieing certain things i just want to know, my reason why is because malcolm tyerman is my grandad and its not like i can go asking certain things.

I know they did armed robbery's and the killing of sgt john speed and numerious other things just want to know more ?

I suggest you go to Leeds Central Library where you can look up articles. One example for David Gricewith is here.

http://tinyurl.com/oezqwzu

Jogon
User

Joined on:
21-Dec-2011 17:58:33
Posted:
3001 posts

# Posted on: 17-May-2014 21:33:31.     Delete | Edit | Quote

Good idea, they're very helpful. And Leeds would be the central venue for all such information.
Including their archive Yorkshire Post microfilms.

Folks often think 'everything is on the internet' - it isn't.

Gillyd
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Tue 27 Jun, 2017 1:24 pm

Re: 2 Older Leeds Murders + 1 solved.

Postby Gillyd » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 1:34 pm

There was the murder of a female found in a old abandoned car in pine court at the side of woodheads circa 1973
volvojack
PostsCOLON 815
JoinedCOLON Tue 26 Jan, 2016 11:57 am

Re: 2 Older Leeds Murders + 1 solved.

Postby volvojack » Tue 27 Jun, 2017 2:25 pm

My memory not what it used to be means i can't recall the name of a young man , possibly Michael who live in or around the Beeston area in the late 70's. after an argument with his girlfriend he wnt home, got a Kitchenknife, came back and when she answered the door he killed her. Sadly i can' remember anymore details but i was stood in the Tap Room of the Tommy Wass Pub having a pint with my Brother once Lunchtime and some called out my name and it was him. I nearly fell on the floor as it seemed no time since he had gone to Prison.
Sorry to be so vauge but i wonder if any of the Officers who were at Dewsbury Road / Holbeck can supply more Info. This Lad could not have been much more than early 30s when he had been released.

Return to