Victoria Quarter up for sale.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

In today's YEP (Oct 14 2011) it reports that the Victoria Quarter is for sale at £135m. In the report it states "Owner Bank of Ireland Private Banking has put the centre on the market ahead of the opening of the Trinity Leeds shopping centre in 2013". The YEP states the current owner bought the Victoria Quarter for £126m in 2006.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Shall we have a whip round?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

raveydavey wrote: Shall we have a whip round? To take that monsterous roof off Queen Victoria Street and return it to public thoroughfare once more - how much do you want Davey?

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

chameleon wrote: raveydavey wrote: Shall we have a whip round? To take that monsterous roof off Queen Victoria Street and return it to public thoroughfare once more - how much do you want Davey? Here here !! - I'll put a quid in - I've never forgiven them for the roofing in - and let's serve notice on Harvey Nichols and restore the Empire Theatre while we're at it eh ?? It would mean the end of the free entertainment watching them all queueing up to be peered at over the glass screens while their noshing at HN's but a small price to pay for the restoration of QV Street.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

tilly

Post by tilly »

BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: raveydavey wrote: Shall we have a whip round? To take that monsterous roof off Queen Victoria Street and return it to public thoroughfare once more - how much do you want Davey? Here here !! - I'll put a quid in - I've never forgiven them for the roofing in - and let's serve notice on Harvey Nichols and restore the Empire Theatre while we're at it eh ?? It would mean the end of the free entertainment watching them all queueing up to be peered at over the glass screens while their noshing at HN's but a small price to pay for the restoration of QV Street. Hi BLAKEY They should never have pulled down the Empire Theater another part of our Leeds past gone for good.Ps I will put a pound in the kitty.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

In a report in the YEP today (Dec 24 2011) it states "No buyer has yet been found for Leeds' Victoria Quarter. Recent interest by a German firm in buying the so-called 'Knightsbridge of the North' has not resulted in a sale".That may indicate there is doubt that a purchase would be commercially viable. The report states "The price offered was believed to be £125m".

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

You can put me down for a quid or two also. Perhaps someone pught to form a charity fund to "buy back" these things for the residents and friends of Leeds.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

I tend to avoid the place, seems a bit 'up itself', 'crikey! we're expensive' & I have never used Harvey Nichs, Luois Vuitton etc. Queen Victoria St as was + arcade at back had a good pork butchers and the Original Virgin Records    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

It is reported in the YEP today (Sept 12 2012) that Victoria Quarter has been bought by the developer Hammerson for £136m. In the YEP it states Hammerson says the deal "will compliment its proposals for the Eastgate Quarters scheme". This is a link to the online report in the YEP website http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-4918701

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Leodian wrote: It is reported in the YEP today (Sept 12 2012) that Victoria Quarter has been bought by the developer Hammerson for £136m. In the YEP it states Hammerson says the deal "will compliment its proposals for the Eastgate Quarters scheme". This is a link to the online report in the YEP website http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-4918701 You have to laugh....spokesperson for Hammerson says "Leeds has an affluent population" (glad he didn't get his a's and e's mixed up at least)....very nice to know I am "affluent" ! He obviously hasn't visited the more deprived areas of our fair city where I'm sure many thousands of residents would beg to differ.Had a laugh also at today...I stood at the top of VQ for a while,until the rain subsided...the people using this particular thoroughfare today looked more chavish than lavish.I'm sorry,but it was very noticeable....saw more Primark bags than Louis Vittons.
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !