School cutlery

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
grumpybloke

Post by grumpybloke »

When I partook of school dinners in the 60's the cutlery was stamped "LCB".(I am assuming that it was the same in all schools). We never could work out what it stood for......does anyone know?

zip55

Post by zip55 »

Leeds Cutlery Board

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

I found an LCB spoon in my cutlery drawer this morning. Don't remember seeing it before. Spooky!

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

Google LCB and cutlery and you get hits for high quality german LCB cutlery - where LCB stands for Le Cordon Bleu!I don't remember anything about school dinners which could be described as cordon bleu.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

grumpybloke

Post by grumpybloke »

zip55 wrote: Leeds Cutlery Board I know that local government likes bureaucracy but maybe a dedicated cutlery board is too much for even them!

grumpybloke

Post by grumpybloke »

blackprince wrote: Google LCB and cutlery and you get hits for high quality german LCB cutlery - where LCB stands for Le Cordon Bleu!I don't remember anything about school dinners which could be described as cordon bleu. This was stamped on the upperside of the cutlery and not discreetly on the underside like a maker's mark. We always thought it must mean "Leeds City ?????"

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

LCB could be what it is made of. Just a thought.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

simong

Post by simong »

I can remember school cutlery with W.R.C.C. on it in Doncaster but I suspect that wouldn't be the case in Leeds - could it be the local precursor of the YPO?

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

simong wrote: I can remember school cutlery with W.R.C.C. on it in Doncaster but I suspect that wouldn't be the case in Leeds - could it be the local precursor of the YPO? Perhaps,Leeds Catering Board?
ex-Armley lad

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I wonder if the LCB could stand for Leeds County Borough, which was the name for Leeds until 1974 (though I think it was more correctly the County Borough of Leeds) when it became the City and Metropolitan Borough of Leeds.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.