Do you think Leeds has enough events?

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Shandy

Post by Shandy »

Just curious do you think Leeds has enough events?I am writing a dissertation on Leeds and the events that it has, do you think as a city Leeds does enough to attract toursits through events?http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurv ... vyo280637I have an online survey that further investigates this if you have time to fill it in I would be grateful,.genuinely interested in this topic... and would love to hear your thoughts.....please note that if you do choose to fill in the survery your details can not and will not be tracked.Shandy

Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

All I know about events in Leeds is that the fact that the so called fastest growing city in the uk has a council that repeatedly fails to attract investment for a decent indoor concert venue they don't seem to mind selling off vast tracts of land to build those bloody ugly blocks of flats that will all end up like the ones built in the 60's. Leeds inner city is starting to look like an explosion in the leggo factory.Rant over.

simon2710

Post by simon2710 »

One word, Arena. That's all we need to answer the events in Leeds question. Everybody i have spoken to would like an arena here in Leeds so where is it? This would mean that we would be bringing in more money for the city and placing it on the UK (and world?) map for once and for all!
Simon -H-

mike

Post by mike »

^^It's rumoured that Ellend Rd will now mecome an arena, like the sheffield one... *sigh* such a waste of such a great footie team...
Mike

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

mike wrote: ^^It's rumoured that Ellend Rd will now mecome an arena, like the sheffield one... *sigh* such a waste of such a great footie team... On the subject of rumours - I post on a few United footyfan forums and it seems a VERY wealthy Dubai royal (or his emissaries) are in Leeds at the moment - to discuss possible investment in United (!) and to discuss development of the Elland Road area with L.C.C. Fingers X'd - for Leeds AND United.
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

Soz double post - oops!
You can take the lad out of Leeds - but you can't take the Leeds out of the lad.

Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

God I hope your right this club is too big to be were we are at the moment.

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

Festwerfer wrote: God I hope your right this club is too big to be were we are at the moment. Who knows mate? So MANY takeover rumours flying around at the mo.But if this one happens, Duncan Revie (the Don's son) would be their frontman. After the trials and tribulations of the past five years, heaven knows we need some GOOD news (and stability), at United.I'n 53 years old now and grew up supporting the lads. Even tho I'm an expat these past 20 years, I still keep my support passionately and get over for games at Elland Road when I can. I'd LOVE to see United back at the top, in my lifetime. As I said in my last post - FINGERS X'D!!!!

Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

Some one said the other day you ain't a big team no more, your right I said but we are still a big club. The quicker we get shut of that bates and his side kick the better.

Scandy Bramley

Post by Scandy Bramley »

Festwerfer wrote: Some one said the other day you ain't a big team no more, your right I said but we are still a big club. The quicker we get shut of that bates and his side kick the better. Mate (your name "Festwerfer" means "Party Painter" in Dutch, BTW! lol!), I could discuss this with you all evening, but we have already seriously hijacked this thread and I apologise to the thread starter.Maybe we should start a seperate one just about LUFC?