Yorkshire Evening Post

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

Well at least it is a 'fake advert' for a medium with real powers. If i wanted to contact dead people, i would go with one that can actually contact them, over one that can only allegedly contact them.Better not run him down too much though, maybe soon we will need him to contact the YEP Have they had layoffs pretty recently? A month or so back there was some protest outside the building, i think staff on strike. The website that day had been messed up, i think purposely, with headlines like diebigbijg on it.
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

lol quote ""I've still got a huge hole in my life where my brother should be but it's been made more bearable knowing that one day I will see him again."I wonder if she now has a huge 'psychic's fee' sized hole in her purse to match?? lol
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Looking back into the past the spirits have brought me a message saying, 'We've talked about this befooooooore'Spookey eh?Where's cnosni?     

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

If you click on the Haunted Leeds section of the YEP site you will notice on the left two interesting links.One is for DVD's and one is for books.The YEP are selling both.Mr Traynors DVD is not there yet,but local medium Stephen Holbrook is heavily featured.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

liits

Post by liits »

The Evening Post has always been rubbish! One of Alan Bennett’s plays has the character saying “I’ve just been havin’ a look at the Evening Post - there’s nowt in it”. The last time I was in Leeds I couldn’t distinguish between the Evening Post and the Leeds Weekly News. They’d both rolled up at lunchtime and were in the bin before Ready Steady Cook.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

This weeks YEP has been poor, even by recent standards.I've lost count of the (not even bothered to disguise) press releases masquerading as news, poor punctuation and dodgy spelling.Last nights paper mentioned a "Knowesthorpe Lane", somewhere in Leeds....really, if they can't be bothered to get the names of main roads in Leeds right, why bother at all?Jobs night has always traditionally been Thursday (although recently pickings have been very slim, with even government funded jobs in short supply). Wednesday is jobs day in the Yorkshire Post.The only highlights are Simon Jenkins "Taverner" page on a Saturday and Oliver Cross.It hasn't been the same since it went tabloid sized....
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

I've got a recollection of my grandfather sending me out to buy a Leeds paper printed on pink paper. Ive a feeling it might have been a special edition of the YEP. Anybody remember this?
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Would that be the Sat eve sports paper with the footy/racing results?

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

Cardiarms wrote: Would that be the Sat eve sports paper with the footy/racing results? Thanks Cardi. That would have been it. He just called it "the pink". Don't know why he bought it - maybe to check the pools. He was only interested in pigeon and dog racing. Is it still published?
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

When I started at the old Yorkshire Evening News in the '50's we printed the Green Final (Green Un) on Saturday night. This contained written reports on Leeds United, Leeds RL, Hunslet etc., in fact most of the local sport played that day. All of the Football scores were included and it was usually on the streets by 5.30 p.m.. " The Pink", (Sporting Pink), was the daily racing paper and was often referred to as "The Tissue". This was printed at night so as to be in the newsagents in time for the early birds to read on their way to work in the morning. It was a very well thought of racing paper in its day. When the "News" closed in 1963, I think the title was taken over by The Racing Post. The Yorkshire Evening Post sports paper was always known to me as "The Buff". Hope this has been of some use to you.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?