horses in leeds

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
hermione

Post by hermione »

I'm looking for pictures of horses in leeds, old/new, or any evidence of there being horses in the city centre, newspaper articles or the like. perhaps someone has photos of horses in one of the rural-innercity leeds spots? or took horse pictures of the leeds-light event last autumn (the treasure hunt organized by the Institute of Crazy Dancing where shire horses appeared from a side street)?This is research for an art project. any help would be great.

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

I'm sure Tetleys will have plenty of the old dray horses, Mild and Bitter. Try brewery wharfe off Crown Point Bridge . The stables were just a little further along the A61. The police horses used to be execised on the Uni sports fields beyond Headingly as well.
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

wsmith

Post by wsmith »

There's usually a few horses tied up on the bit of land in the trianlge formed by Meanwood Road, Cambridge Road and Craven Road. I am not sure if it common land or not...Also there is of course Meanwood Valley Urban Farm on Sugarwell Road, which is always a good day out & is always full of animals that you wouldn't normally see in a city centre!

rikj

Post by rikj »

There are usually horses (and manure for sale) on the land at the bottom of Shaw Lane, near Meanwood Road.For older pics try the ever excellent leodis site.