Leeds on screen

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

As I passed the Irish Centre this morning there was a film crew set up in the car park. Not sure if they're filming there or just using it as a base for filming nearby.And on there was someone taking photos ( I think) on the footbridge over Wellington Road just before the Gyratory too. Not sure what of though....
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

raveydavey wrote: As I passed the Irish Centre this morning there was a film crew set up in the car park. Not sure if they're filming there or just using it as a base for filming nearby.And on there was someone taking photos ( I think) on the footbridge over Wellington Road just before the Gyratory too. Not sure what of though.... It must be a busy day for filming in Leeds as when I passed the old Public Dispensary building on North Street today at about 12:00 there were quite a number of the Provision vans in the car park and they were still there shortly before 13:00 as I was coming out of the centre of Leeds.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I only caught a fleeting glance (looking down Oxford Place from Great George Street), but there looked to be some 'film' type trucks parked up in front of the Town Hall last night too.Busy times, eh?    
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Croggy1
Site Admin

Post by Croggy1 »

I was watching a CBBC programme with the kids the other day - The Sparticle Mystery and Templenewsam House featured, as the Great British Museum! There was also a farm as part of the story line, but I'm not positive that Home Farm was used.

Whyme

Post by Whyme »

The Sparticle Mystery was made at studio 81 on kirkstall road the home of Dci banks etc.. It was filmed around leeds harewood otley etc.. Remember doing some work on that about 3 to 4 years ago. Some of it was filmed in bristol. If i remember right it was a Bristol company who made it.Sorry but i can't remember much about this one, not into all this new kids telly .Some of it if i remember right was filmed in or next to the Emmerdale wall garden set.    

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

[img]httpsead link6pkm[/img]    

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Jogon wrote: Whyme wrote: The Sparticle Mystery was made at studio 81 on kirkstall road the home of Dci banks etc.. It was filmed around leeds harewood otley etc.. Remember doing some work on that about 3 to 4 years ago. Some of it was filmed in bristol. If i remember right it was a Bristol company who made it.Sorry but i can't remember much about this one, not into all this new kids telly .Some of it if i remember right was filmed in or next to the Emmerdale wall garden set.     You might know:-1. With Follyfoot, Emmerdale etc, what is the Yorkshire Telly link to Harewood/Family. Are they majority shareholders of a tv company or something? I did read that the current Lord Harewood is in media.2. Touch of Frost was, I thought, a Bristol telly production. Why filmed here? Accepting that filming on Denton Avenue, Gledhow looked the part. 1 - no idea - possibly a convenient location near Leeds but looking suitably rural?2 - Frost was originally a Yorkshire TV show, so they filmed it at their studios in Leeds.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Added here to avoid duplicate threadsMessage LeodianUser Location: LeedsJoined on: 10-Jun-2010 12:33:50Posted: 4363 posts# Posted on: 19-Jun-2014 21:51:55.     Edit | Quote I thought (hope Regular Smiley ) that the following link may be of interest. It is to the Internet Movie DataBase website and lists the films/television shows that have used Leeds as a filming location. The information may only state that Leeds was used, but some do have a more precise locations. This is the link:- http://www.imdb.com/search/title?locati ... nleedsUser Location: Horsforth, Leeds, UKJoined on: 31-Jan-2008 21:29:59Posted: 640 posts# Posted on: 19-Jun-2014 22:55:02.     Delete | Edit | Quote Quite a comprehensive list, although it would be better if it included the exact filming locations, what scene they are in, who's in it and doing what etc. I remember they filmed a scene from a series called 'Stay Lucky' in Morley outside 'The Queens' pub. For those who dont remember the show featured Dennis 'Terry McCann' Waterman as a 'fish out of water' cockney barrow boy type stranded in the north. Instantly forgettable, I only recall it as it was one of Morley's few brushes with fame (apart from reasons I'd rather not go into involving child abduction or murder).

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Thanks chameleon for relocating my thread.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

The latest Kay Mellor offering In The Club has scenes filmed inLincoln Green multi storey flats and interior Corn Exchange.Plus some places I did not recognise.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.