Odd sayings

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

"He could chew an apple through a letterbox" someone with big teeth

Si

Post by Si »

"You could ride bare-arsed to (...insert your choice of locality...) on that."-a blunt knife or razor.

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Of a well built lass in trousers;'From t'back,she looks like two lads feightin' in a sack'Of a thin,small busted lass; 'Like two eggs in a hanky!'

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: Of a well built lass in trousers;'From t'back,she looks like two lads feightin' in a sack'Of a thin,small busted lass; 'Like two eggs in a hanky!' Of a 'tight' grocer; He's that mean,he'd nip a currant in halfif it were overweight!

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

What about this one then when you asked someone for a match to light your cig and you got the reply "my ar$e and your face" classAnd what about the list for being tight ie-as tight as a ducks ar$eas tight as a camels ar$e in a sand stormas tight as a nuns...........................................well lets not go there eh lol    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Where's me mam?Answer!"She's run away with a Chinaman."Another one-Where's that?Answer!"Up a nick in Russia."These were everyday sayings years ago.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Brandy wrote: What about this one then when you asked someone for a match to light your cig and you got the reply "my ar$e and your face" classAnd what about the list for being tight ie-as tight as a ducks ar$eas tight as a camels ar$e in a sand stormas tight as a nuns...........................................well lets not go there eh lol     There was also the expression of disbelief as in if such and such happens "I'll show my ar$e in Lewis's window"
Industria Omnia Vincit

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Another expression or perhap character from my childhood although I can't remember in what context was someone called "Icky Plush" Mean anything to anyone else?
Industria Omnia Vincit

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Trojan wrote: Another expression or perhap character from my childhood although I can't remember in what context was someone called "Icky Plush" Mean anything to anyone else? Icky Plush was a mythical nasty bloke your parents would threaten you with, if I recall correctly.

Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

Geordie-exile wrote: Trojan wrote: Another expression or perhap character from my childhood although I can't remember in what context was someone called "Icky Plush" Mean anything to anyone else? Icky Plush was a mythical nasty bloke your parents would threaten you with, if I recall correctly. Yes I can remember being threatened that if you misbehaved Icky Plush would "av yer" or someone else called Pzunk!