Odd sayings

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Lilysmum wrote: Trojan wrote: Lemon cheese tarts = sore lugs We called them sore eyes Friend of mine got Psoriasis lolnotSore eye about that! (Sinks into hole in the floor)

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: Lilysmum wrote: Trojan wrote: Lemon cheese tarts = sore lugs We called them sore eyes Friend of mine got Psoriasis lolnotSore eye about that! (Sinks into hole in the floor) *puts lid on hole and hammers it shut*

peterg

Post by peterg »

I've done a search and found nothing here, so I don't think I'm repeating. One answer when asking what there was to eat was 'three jumps at the cupboard door'.

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Geordie-exile wrote: 'Arry 'Awk wrote: Lilysmum wrote: Trojan wrote: Lemon cheese tarts = sore lugs We called them sore eyes Friend of mine got Psoriasis lolnotSore eye about that! (Sinks into hole in the floor) *puts lid on hole and hammers it shut*NOT FAIR! I'm gonna take my hole home, Them nails HURT!

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Trojan wrote: I was brought up in a back to back. As was usual in these houses the stairs to the bedroom had a door this door was called the "chamber door" especially by older people. Presumably in reference to the bedchamber - where of course the "chamber pot" was kept. As in the old joke "where's the chamber maid? - Stoke on Trent" boom boom (I'll get me coat) Wartime joke (39/45!) Voice from bedroom, "Siren's going,Ma, Jerry's over!' Mum," Well mek sure tha' mops it up, or it'll come throught'kitchen ceilin'!"(A Chamber pot was also called a 'Jerry'(Don't ask!)

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Cold as the fringeround a Polar bear's m--ge.!His cap looks like a pea on a drum!Face like a dog's bum with a hat on!

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: Cold as the fringeround a Polar bear's m--ge.! ROFL Priceless!
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Si

Post by Si »

Here's one I heard recently:"He's short o' nowt he's got."- meaning he's a man who has everything.

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Si wrote: Here's one I heard recently:"He's short o' nowt he's got."- meaning he's a man who has everything. Eeeh!,Ah'm that famished, Ah cud eyt a scabby 'Oss between two Mattresses' !

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: Face like a dog's bum with a hat on! Reminds me of:If my dog had a face like that, I'd shave its bum and mek it walk back'ards!
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.