Odd sayings

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

My gran used to say when something awful happened "Worse things happen at sea" in other words it's not as bad as your making out.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Bramley4woods wrote: Said by a mother to a kid with a dirty face."Yer a livin' disgrace" Said by a mother to a kid with tousled hair."Get yer 'air combed, it's stuck out like sore fingers" or"yer look like yer've been dragged through an 'edge back'ards"
Industria Omnia Vincit

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Trojan wrote: or"yer look like yer've been dragged through an 'edge back'ards" i already said that!!!! lol!!
Love a Landrover

eddie666

Post by eddie666 »

One of the best ones ive herad is 'You couldnt smack sand if ya fell off a camel'. (being soft)Going back to the children scarer 'Greenteeth', I cant remember if it was Jenny or Jimmy Greenteeth in Castleford. Was always said to me to stop me from wandering off somewhere.Whenever I asked my dad where we were going he used to say 'Were off to Ossett there and bus it back'.
Parrot with no beak, will always sucseed!!!!

simonm

Post by simonm »

Bramley4woods wrote: Said by a mother to a kid with a dirty face."Yer a livin' disgrace" Said by a mother to a kid with tousled hair."Get yer 'air combed, it's stuck out like sore fingers" Another bodily item that sticks out, well, two of em on ladies actuallyLook at her n***les, stuck out like chapel hatpegsOR my faveShe ad n***les like brickies thumbs!!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

N*****s like organ stops.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Chrism wrote: N*****s like organ stops. Eyes like Dog's goolies!(Or Rissoles in the snow!)Old Canadian Motto " Never,ever eat yellow snow! "(Polarbear Pee!)    

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

rangieowner wrote: Trojan wrote: or"yer look like yer've been dragged through an 'edge back'ards" i already said that!!!! lol!! Quite right Rangie! I can't think why they started this thread as most of the posts have appeared in the Dialect and Slang thread    

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: Chrism wrote: N*****s like organ stops. Eyes like Dog's goolies!(Or Rissoles in the snow!)Old Canadian Motto " Never,ever eat yellow snow! "(Polarbear Pee!)     Quoting dear old Willie Rushton on the subject of largeladies'When she's coming towards you, it looks like a dead heatin a zeppelin race!'

Si

Post by Si »

On excusing oneself (to visit the gents)"I'm just going to turn my bike round."