Odd sayings

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Well I'll go f*** a duck... ...... where the hell did that come from?
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

My English teacher's favoutite was 'Yee Gods and, little apples'.Never quite worked that one out but I'm sure the little apples was substituted for something considered to be unsuitable!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

chameleon wrote: My English teacher's favoutite was 'Yee Gods and, little apples'.Never quite worked that one out but I'm sure the little apples was substituted for something considered to be unsuitable! fishes rather than apples in my memory
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

tyke bhoy wrote: chameleon wrote: My English teacher's favoutite was 'Yee Gods and, little apples'.Never quite worked that one out but I'm sure the little apples was substituted for something considered to be unsuitable! fishes rather than apples in my memory Obviuosly a different teacher, not Mike then - but the same difference

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Anyone ever heard "Go f**k spiders" ? A guy i used to know always said it instead of "go f**k yourself"
Love a Landrover

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

I used to wotk with an old irish fella who,when puzzled by something used to come out with 'well oi'l f**k my boots' It used to crack me right up lol    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Brandy wrote: I used to wotk with an old irish fella who,when puzzled by something used to come out with 'well oi'l f**k my boots' It used to crack me right up lol     Being more polite(!) Darn sarf the say, 'Well,stuff my old Tall 'At!'I was once billeted out in a village called Shillington inBedfordshire. The folks I was billeted on swore the nameused to be Shitlington in the Parish RecordsYer that daft I've booked thee on't next rubber busto Menston! (High Royds).

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: Brandy wrote: I used to wotk with an old irish fella who,when puzzled by something used to come out with 'well oi'l f**k my boots' It used to crack me right up lol     Being more polite(!) Darn sarf the say, 'Well,stuff my old Tall 'At!'I was once billeted out in a village called Shillington inBedfordshire. The folks I was billeted on swore the nameused to be Shitlington in the Parish RecordsYer that daft I've booked thee on't next rubber busto Menston! (High Royds). IN Morley (pre Leeds days) it was always Stanley Royd
Industria Omnia Vincit

simong

Post by simong »

Trojan wrote: 'Arry 'Awk wrote: Brandy wrote: I used to wotk with an old irish fella who,when puzzled by something used to come out with 'well oi'l f**k my boots' It used to crack me right up lol     Being more polite(!) Darn sarf the say, 'Well,stuff my old Tall 'At!'I was once billeted out in a village called Shillington inBedfordshire. The folks I was billeted on swore the nameused to be Shitlington in the Parish RecordsYer that daft I've booked thee on't next rubber busto Menston! (High Royds). IN Morley (pre Leeds days) it was always Stanley Royd On a slightly related note, as a kid we would say 'the green van's coming for you' if someone did something mad or strange.

Bramley4woods

Post by Bramley4woods »

Said by a mother to a kid with a dirty face."Yer a livin' disgrace" Said by a mother to a kid with tousled hair."Get yer 'air combed, it's stuck out like sore fingers"
We wanted to make Leeds a better place for the future - but we're losing it. The tide is going out beneath our feet.