Christmas Lights

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Presumably it started yesterday but Boar Lane, Park Row and the Headrow were only done today. They are back. Presumably its about 5 weeks before they are "officially" switched on but who wants to guess on which z-list celeb will do it!
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I think it should be Si doing the big switch on, for guessing it was Brandy re incarnated as 'Fevlad the orrible ghost of Christmas past' lol     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I rank Si well above Z-list so they probably can't afford his fee
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

I dunno, simonm sounds like he's switched on to something already - should do a good job

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Total waste of money IMO. Christmas tree in front of the town hall end of. Or a big illuminated sign above the Civic Hall saying "Bah Humbug!"Seriously I think especially in places like Rothwell, Morley, Pudsey,etc they are a waste of money. And they're up there for months!
Industria Omnia Vincit

bramley13

Post by bramley13 »

whay does it take 2 months to take these lights down, and 3 weeks to put them up

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not yet PLEASE!!!!!
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

tyke bhoy wrote: Presumably it started yesterday but Boar Lane, Park Row and the Headrow were only done today. They are back. Presumably its about 5 weeks before they are "officially" switched on but who wants to guess on which z-list celeb will do it! Park Row must have been done before Monday. They were there at half 7 when I got to work, but weren't on Saturday night at 1 when I left town in the evening. Great! Cant wait for them to get switched on and the yellow hue of the snowman's lights come shining through my office windows!    

simong

Post by simong »

Trojan wrote: Total waste of money IMO. Christmas tree in front of the town hall end of. Or a big illuminated sign above the Civic Hall saying "Bah Humbug!"Seriously I think especially in places like Rothwell, Morley, Pudsey,etc they are a waste of money. And they're up there for months! Oh, I don't know, up here they look nice swinging the gale force winds that typify December 600 feet above sea level in Yorkshire. And March for that matter

Si

Post by Si »

tyke bhoy wrote: I rank Si well above Z-list so they probably can't afford his fee Aw shucks! Thanks Tyke Bhoy (goes bright red with embarassment.)I noticed EuroDisney was advertising Christmas deals on telly last night.PS My fee is a refund on my Council Tax. The binmen in my area are rubbish!!!(Pun intended!)