Leeds Buskers

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

sundowner wrote: Si wrote: There have always been many buskers in Leeds, particularly in the Commercial Street area. Obviously, the late Danny Freeman comes to mind first, but does anyone remember the bloke who used to sing hymns (like Amazing Grace) outside Next. He had a very loud and impressive baritone, but could not finish a song in the same key he started it in! Or the kilted piper at the top of Kirkgate? Or the bunch of Peruvian pan-pipers who always turned up for Christmas? Any more?     Hi Si if the the pan pipers are the same ones i used to listen to they are called APU i think thats how its spelt They used to come down from Newcastle to play in Leeds must have been worth it to come all that way to play. As we have better loos in Leeds (IF you can find em!),thanNewcastle, the pan pipers would leave a note saying 'Back in 10 mins. Gone for APU! ' lol???

simonm

Post by simonm »

[quotenick="Uno Hoo"][quotenick="Brandy"][quotenick="Reginal Perrin"] Si wrote: There have always been many buskers in Leeds, particularly in the Commercial Street area. Obviously, the late Danny Freeman comes to mind first, but does anyone remember the bloke who used to sing hymns (like Amazing Grace) outside Next. What did Amazing Grace sound like when she sang?yes ive seen him,he does a mean Tom Jones green green grass!I'll stay well away, then!!!Once came home from the USA on the same plane as Tom Jones, albeit not in the same cabin. Spent the journey half-hoping the plane would crash! Funny that.. I once sang with Tom Jones.He was on the radio and I was in the shower...Ba dum tish.... hehehehehehehehe
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

arry awk wrote: sundowner wrote: Si wrote: There have always been many buskers in Leeds, particularly in the Commercial Street area. Obviously, the late Danny Freeman comes to mind first, but does anyone remember the bloke who used to sing hymns (like Amazing Grace) outside Next. He had a very loud and impressive baritone, but could not finish a song in the same key he started it in! Or the kilted piper at the top of Kirkgate? Or the bunch of Peruvian pan-pipers who always turned up for Christmas? Any more?     Hi Si if the the pan pipers are the same ones i used to listen to they are called APU i think thats how its spelt They used to come down from Newcastle to play in Leeds must have been worth it to come all that way to play. As we have better loos in Leeds (IF you can find em!),thanNewcastle, the pan pipers would leave a note saying 'Back in 10 mins. Gone for APU! ' lol??? Hi arry awk I hope they washed there Andes.He. He .

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

sundowner wrote: arry awk wrote: sundowner wrote: Si wrote: There have always been many buskers in Leeds, particularly in the Commercial Street area. Obviously, the late Danny Freeman comes to mind first, but does anyone remember the bloke who used to sing hymns (like Amazing Grace) outside Next. He had a very loud and impressive baritone, but could not finish a song in the same key he started it in! Or the kilted piper at the top of Kirkgate? Or the bunch of Peruvian pan-pipers who always turned up for Christmas? Any more?     Hi Si if the the pan pipers are the same ones i used to listen to they are called APU i think thats how its spelt They used to come down from Newcastle to play in Leeds must have been worth it to come all that way to play. As we have better loos in Leeds (IF you can find em!),thanNewcastle, the pan pipers would leave a note saying 'Back in 10 mins. Gone for APU! ' lol??? Hi arry awk I hope they washed there Andes.He. He . Aye - and if they couldn't find these superior Leeds bogs it's to be hoped they were wearing their 'pampas'. Just INCAse.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Geordie-exile wrote: sundowner wrote: arry awk wrote: sundowner wrote: Si wrote: There have always been many buskers in Leeds, particularly in the Commercial Street area. Obviously, the late Danny Freeman comes to mind first, but does anyone remember the bloke who used to sing hymns (like Amazing Grace) outside Next. He had a very loud and impressive baritone, but could not finish a song in the same key he started it in! Or the kilted piper at the top of Kirkgate? Or the bunch of Peruvian pan-pipers who always turned up for Christmas? Any more?     Hi Si if the the pan pipers are the same ones i used to listen to they are called APU i think thats how its spelt They used to come down from Newcastle to play in Leeds must have been worth it to come all that way to play. As we have better loos in Leeds (IF you can find em!),thanNewcastle, the pan pipers would leave a note saying 'Back in 10 mins. Gone for APU! ' lol??? Hi arry awk I hope they washed there Andes.He. He . Aye - and if they couldn't find these superior Leeds bogs it's to be hoped they were wearing their 'pampas'. Just INCAse. Double groan! No paper? lol. Azltec your word for it!They sure miss lake Titi - Caca!

stodge.

Post by stodge. »

What about the guy who used to play the violin on a night outside the entrance to the Bond Street ctr.(going back a good 15 years)My mate said he saw him getting his violin and his mucky overcoat out of the boot of his Merc parked round the corner.

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

[quotenick="arry awk"][quotenick="Geordie-exile"] sundowner wrote: arry awk wrote: sundowner wrote: Si wrote: There have always been many buskers in Leeds, particularly in the Commercial Street area. Obviously, the late Danny Freeman comes to mind first, but does anyone remember the bloke who used to sing hymns (like Amazing Grace) outside Next. He had a very loud and impressive baritone, but could not finish a song in the same key he started it in! Or the kilted piper at the top of Kirkgate? Or the bunch of Peruvian pan-pipers who always turned up for Christmas? Any more?     Hi Si if the the pan pipers are the same ones i used to listen to they are called APU i think thats how its spelt They used to come down from Newcastle to play in Leeds must have been worth it to come all that way to play. As we have better loos in Leeds (IF you can find em!),thanNewcastle, the pan pipers would leave a note saying 'Back in 10 mins. Gone for APU! ' lol??? Hi arry awk I hope they washed there Andes.He. He . Aye - and if they couldn't find these superior Leeds bogs it's to be hoped they were wearing their 'pampas'. Just INCAse. Double groan! No paper? lol. Azltec your word for it!They sure miss lake Titi - Caca!Hi arry awk I hope when they were on the loo they shut the conquistaDOOR. He He    

keyholekate

Post by keyholekate »

I don't want to be a nuisance on the boards but as I walked down Albion Street today there was a busker outside of NEXT. He had a lovely voice and was singing a really beautiful song. . .my eyes were watering it was so lovely to listen to. I put a pound coin in his bag ,looked like he had a great day money wise too. He told me the song was a Willie Nelson one called "It always will be" Made a nice change from the mind numbing stuff in the charts but also a sign Im getting older I guess.Also nice to hear the busker called The Bedroom Orchestra has got a record deal too.I saw Apu in 1992 outside WH Smiths and thought they were great.I bought a cassette.And then I saw them on Barrymores my kind of people.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

keyholekate wrote: I don't want to be a nuisance on the boards but as I walked down Albion Street today there was a busker outside of NEXT. He had a lovely voice and was singing a really beautiful song. . .my eyes were watering it was so lovely to listen to. I put a pound coin in his bag ,looked like he had a great day money wise too. He told me the song was a Willie Nelson one called "It always will be" Made a nice change from the mind numbing stuff in the charts but also a sign Im getting older I guess.Also nice to hear the busker called The Bedroom Orchestra has got a record deal too.I saw Apu in 1992 outside WH Smiths and thought they were great.I bought a cassette.And then I saw them on Barrymores my kind of people. Might this be he?
Attachments
__TFMF_vc02ctehwl41ws45k2a5sh45_4785066e-adec-4eb9-82c2-4220aefc197d_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_vc02ctehwl41ws45k2a5sh45_4785066e-adec-4eb9-82c2-4220aefc197d_0_main.jpg (702.75 KiB) Viewed 3134 times

keyholekate

Post by keyholekate »

chameleon wrote: keyholekate wrote: I don't want to be a nuisance on the boards but as I walked down Albion Street today there was a busker outside of NEXT. He had a lovely voice and was singing a really beautiful song. . .my eyes were watering it was so lovely to listen to. I put a pound coin in his bag ,looked like he had a great day money wise too. He told me the song was a Willie Nelson one called "It always will be" Made a nice change from the mind numbing stuff in the charts but also a sign Im getting older I guess.Also nice to hear the busker called The Bedroom Orchestra has got a record deal too.I saw Apu in 1992 outside WH Smiths and thought they were great.I bought a cassette.And then I saw them on Barrymores my kind of people. Might this be he? Yeah that's him Chameleon! He has a great voice .do you know anything about him?