Spend Spend Spent

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Si

Post by Si »

Anyone see the documentary about Viv Nicholson last night? Anyone notice it was a "Really Good Production?"

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

It can't have been a "Really Good Production?" - they didn't use Secret Leeds for their research!More seriously, I would have liked to have seen it/ I remember all the hype and headlines at the time of the win, seemed like such a lot of money then....

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Guess you didnt see the prog by "Really Good" on Sunday afternoon,which was about locations for tv pros,i think it was called Location,location,locate,and guess what,it had Follifoot on!!They didnt need us after all
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Viv Nicholson used to work in a shop in The Ridings , Wakefield until it closed a couple of years ago I think. She sold make up if I remember correctly.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: Guess you didnt see the prog by "Really Good" on Sunday afternoon,which was about locations for tv pros,i think it was called Location,location,locate,and guess what,it had Follifoot on!!They didnt need us after all Or maybe they came to understand they had to do some of the work for themselves cnosni!

Si

Post by Si »

chameleon wrote: It can't have been a "Really Good Production?" - they didn't use Secret Leeds for their research!More seriously, I would have liked to have seen it/ I remember all the hype and headlines at the time of the win, seemed like such a lot of money then.... The Pools winnings of approximately £152,000 is about £5,000,000 in today's money, according to the programme, Chameleon. All long gone.    

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Steve Jones wrote: Viv Nicholson used to work in a shop in The Ridings , Wakefield until it closed a couple of years ago I think. She sold make up if I remember correctly. Yeah it was opposite where i worked in Superdrug,cant remember the name of the shop but it was next to the vitamin place.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Hoppers-World!

Post by Hoppers-World! »

I wish they would show that film from 1977 again, i remember seeing it when i was a kid...driving a big bink chevy with no licence....mind boggles.

Loiner Paul

Post by Loiner Paul »

In the film from 1977, Spend, Spend, Spend the people who lived in the actual first house that Viv Nicholson bought in Garforth refused to allow it to be used for filming. The film-makers had to ask neighbours across the road if their house could be used instead. One scene shows the actress playing Viv throwing a brick through a window, the owners at the time had all their windows replaced by the film company for allowing that scene to take place.    

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

"Si.. The Pools winnings of approximately £152,000 is about £5,000,000 in today's money, according to the programme, Chameleon. All long gone.    I must admit that I've always found it hard to believe that she spent the lot. The mind boggles - what on?I'm still convinced that she's got some of it left producing a bit of income. Perhaps in trust for her children - who seemed to be fairly well off.I used to work around the corner from where she lived in Cas and used to see both her and her daughter in the newsagents - the daughter was very striking.
Industria Omnia Vincit