Attention all Secret Leedsers!

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Hi guys. I'll post a note here as well. It's very short notice I know but were meeting the reporter regarding the Skull story at 1.p.m at the Corn Exchange. Anyone wants to help out can we meet about 12.50 at the Corn Exchange steps. Maybe have a pint after perhaps? There's me, csnosi ,Drapsey ,Lee, Simon, Dave so far. cheers guys!    
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

simonm

Post by simonm »

Bugger, what did I miss? Sorry if I said I'd be there, but I wasn't available yesterday!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

It was about the skulls and the paper Simon. It was very short notice but I only found out at half 9 on Friday morning for sure. We had a few beers too mate Not if but when we get the skulls put back I think we should all go down and have a tin and a group photo shot down there. A few pints after as well?
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

simonm

Post by simonm »

Sounds acracking idea. As long as its not a scu..... Foreign pub..
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

David Raven

Post by David Raven »

A bit short notice! Like, be here in 3 hours... !?(Did you really expect many folks to be able to see this in time and get there?!)
Northern Earth Walks

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

David Raven wrote: A bit short notice! Like, be here in 3 hours... !?(Did you really expect many folks to be able to see this in time and get there?!) Do I detect a little bit of negativity on your behalf there Dave? It wasn't more the quantity we were bothered about, It was actually more about the quality, and we had a fine body of men in attendance. Sorry if one can't read the future and predict an arranged time until one receives it!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_d wrote: David Raven wrote: A bit short notice! Like, be here in 3 hours... !?(Did you really expect many folks to be able to see this in time and get there?!) Do I detect a little bit of negativity on your behalf there Dave? It wasn't more the quantity we were bothered about, It was actually more about the quality, and we had a fine body of men in attendance. Sorry if one can't read the future and predict an arranged time until one receives it! A shame for many who'd liked to have come - I was only 15 mins away, but can't even read my own e-mail accnt from work.The notice you got was dictated by the YEP with a choice of take it now or, wait and see.... Suspect the wait option might have left them thinking it wasn't that important after all, sooo, strike whilst the iron and all that!

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Yes Chameleon it would have been good to get a few more together, I had a number of people e-mail me and it really isn't an easy job picking a time most suitable for the majority. Once I knew the best time on Wednesday I mailed the Y.E.P. Unfortunately the first I heard for sure was on Friday morning. I'd already spent a considerable amount of time e-mailing and texting as many people to keep updated as possible. Still the day went well and we had a good chat in the pub afterwards too         

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

well hopefully that was round one to usnow we can get this thing in the public eye we will be able to get a good few more people on board,ive been telling this story to everyone i know and they have all been fascinated by it,so lets hope that when the story goes out we can finally get our skulls back to there rightful place.PS/ jolly good show phil/drapesy/cnosni and si, and leave it out with the neg feedback dave raven come on mate phill only had a few hours to get this together and i think he did an excellent job so come on have a little faith eh?
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

I had a good hour, just a shame that I had to go back to work. would have much rather had a nice pint and finished early! I wish I had done now as I did nowt in the afternoon.