Jimmy Savile

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Apparently he's laid out in the Queens Hotel for peeps to pay their respects (closed casket) and the funeral is next Wednesday, November 9, at 2pm at St Anne’s Catholic Cathedral.http://tinyurl.com/6zh9x76
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Geordie-exile wrote: Close, but no cigar. Brilliant
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I like the following which is taken from Jimmy's obituary in the New York Times website:-"To Britons, though, Mr. Savile was ultimately better known for “Jim’ll Fix It,” a BBC television show broadcast from 1975 to 1994. On the show he granted supplicants (usually children) their dearest wish: to tame lions, to fly the Concorde, etc. This despite the fact that by his own account, he did not care for children. “I couldn’t eat a whole one... . I hate them,” he once said in a widely quoted interview."
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Leodian wrote: I like the following which is taken from Jimmy's obituary in the New York Times website:-"To Britons, though, Mr. Savile was ultimately better known for “Jim’ll Fix It,” a BBC television show broadcast from 1975 to 1994. On the show he granted supplicants (usually children) their dearest wish: to tame lions, to fly the Concorde, etc. This despite the fact that by his own account, he did not care for children. “I couldn’t eat a whole one... . I hate them,” he once said in a widely quoted interview." In the "When Louis met Jimmy" prog he says that he said that to put any notion of him being a paedo' out of peoples minds.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

This is a link to a coming television report about Jimmy. I have no knowledge if the nasty claims are true or not. http://tinyurl.com/cht8tms

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Would surprise me if he was or, more importantly, if he ever harmed anyone. Did seem an odd chap, but his life was strange.

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Leodian wrote: This is a link to a coming television report about Jimmy. I have no knowledge if the nasty claims are true or not. http://tinyurl.com/cht8tms There are plenty of southern based/out of area media people who would do almost anything to "have a go" at Leeds,it's people or anyone considered to be of sufficient interest to become a prime target for their ranting and sneering.They've nowt better to do these creatures who crawl out from under their stones whenever there's a whiff of a "newsworthy" article to put the boot in collectively.
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

and this is, of course, part of the ghastly publicity machine for said programme.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Edit error

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Jogon wrote: They will be excited at our increased clicks onto that site I posted the link because I thought the contents would be of interest to this thread. It was not my intention to provide publicity for the programme (which never crossed my mind) so I apologise Jogon if that seems like the reason why I posted.