Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
buffaloskinner

Re: Legs in City Square.

Post by buffaloskinner »

Or even Nancy Sinatra "These Boots Are Made For Walkin"

:arrow:
nancy-sinatra.jpg
nancy-sinatra.jpg (19.33 KiB) Viewed 3886 times
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

[quote="buffaloskinner"]Or even Nancy Sinatra "These Boots Are Made For Walkin"

Now that's more like it. After 3/4 Pints of Tetleys in the West Riding, roll out and round into the Majestic Dance Hall and there were lots of Beauties like her

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

buffaloskinner wrote:Or even Nancy Sinatra "These Boots Are Made For Walkin"

:arrow:
nancy-sinatra.jpg
Seeing the legs also reminded me of that song ;). This is a link to a video of Nancy Sinatra's 'These Boots Are Made For Walkin' that may bring some brightness to this otherwise dismal day's weather https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2fPkzJsMU8.

I appreciate that the video may be considered inappropriate content for the Secret Leeds site so I will understand if it is deleted by moderators.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

I think the legs sculpture falls into the category of "Plop Art" or "Plonk Art" - large abstract corporate works of art plopped or plonked into public places for no good reason with no relevance whatsoever to the location.
Personally I would rather see a locomotive made in Hunslet mounted on a plinth in City Square.
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

tilly

Post by tilly »

Well said blackprince i could not agree more but that would not fit with the so called modern image they are trying to create.Forget about what made Leeds great just fill it with concrete blocks and so called art and forget about the people who made Leeds what it is today.Phew i must sit down and have a rest i think its time for my pills. :D
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tilly wrote:Well said blackprince i could not agree more but that would not fit with the so called modern image they are trying to create.Forget about what made Leeds great just fill it with concrete blocks and so called art and forget about the people who made Leeds what it is today.Phew i must sit down and have a rest i think its time for my pills. :D
Hi tilly. Your "Phew i must sit down and have a rest i think its time for my pills. :D" made me :) as it reminded me that God told Moses he must not forget to take the tablets! I hope that does not cause any religious offence as it is only meant to be in fun.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

If that causes offence to anyone can i just say get a life, they must be very sad to take offence laugh and the world laughs with you cry and you cry alone.Tablet time again.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

SNOWMAGGEDON LEGS.

Only available for a short time.
Attachments
Snow Legs.jpg
Snow Legs.jpg (79.16 KiB) Viewed 3673 times
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Saw the legs yesterday,not very impressed.
They reminded me of the type in shop windows at places
like Schofields for the ladies stocking display.
However,the first time I saw the arms in M.Sq I thought it gave a welcoming gesture.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi dogduke dont tell your wife you have been in town looking at legs.