Disconnecting from a Thread

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
OzzieJoan

Post by OzzieJoan »

I see that when starting a new thread there is a box which allows me to receive email notification of any replies. This is a great thing especially when, like me, you have slow old dial-up still and don't have time to download several forums a day to check for replies. However, once my participation in a Thread has run its course I would like to be able to discontinue receiving those email notifications. Is this possible, please? I tried to work it out but been unsuccessful as yet.I will be ticking the box for this Thread so that I can see replies OzzieJoan
Looking for my MORTIMER and DEAN ancestors.mortimer_joan@yahoo.com.au

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Sorry suggestion didn't work, hopefully admin will see this and be able to help you now.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Can't you mark the messages as spam? Ozzie Joan?
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

I think this is one for admin to give an answer on.On one forum I use, they had to disable the option, as once subscribed, it was impossible to unsubscribe to threads.On another board, you can change settings in your user control panel - but that is obviously a different set up.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hello all,Good question this - and one I have an answer to as well, which is even better Ozzie Joan, you have signed up to be notified whenever there is a reply on an individual discussion thread (as opposed to all replies, or on all forums, which is an option set up via your account profile).If you have a look at the picture below you will see a circle around one of the buttons located at the start of each thread. This button is currently set to 'Notify me of thread replies'.If you press the button, it will change to the way it appears in the following picture. This turns off the email notifications for the thread.Hopefully this should sort out your problem.Cheers,dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Picture 1
Attachments
__TFMF_s5ywy1jlhbapy5beecqgzw45_9ba924fe-484e-4744-9c05-8e54f1c85b44_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_s5ywy1jlhbapy5beecqgzw45_9ba924fe-484e-4744-9c05-8e54f1c85b44_0_main.jpg (202.3 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Picture 2
Attachments
__TFMF_s5ywy1jlhbapy5beecqgzw45_4a7f099e-a7d6-461c-ab84-c6576faed23a_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_s5ywy1jlhbapy5beecqgzw45_4a7f099e-a7d6-461c-ab84-c6576faed23a_0_main.jpg (194.38 KiB) Viewed 3524 times

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Awwwww! that's easy (now you've told us!!).I checked the 'edit profile' tab when Joan's query apeared expecting this to be the case but also to be able to find an unsubscribe option, but there isn't one.I don't see these buttons on threads dsco, just a print button - do they only come up if you have subscribed to notifications/ (Just like to understand )

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Easy when you know the answer, isn't it? lol.Yep, that icon occurs only if you have requested to be notified of replies, I only have the print one on most of mine too.

OzzieJoan

Post by OzzieJoan »

Oh, so simple. Thanks DSCO for that. However, I would tell you that, although I subscribed to be notified on this Thread we are on now, the header on my version of the red bar has the printer on the right, then next to that is an empty square and nothing else. When I put the cursor over the empty square it does say (I didn't write it down before doing this post) something like unsubscribe from thread.So that's what I will try right now and thanks again.OzzieJoan
Looking for my MORTIMER and DEAN ancestors.mortimer_joan@yahoo.com.au