Help requested from former user

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
Steve Jones

Help requested from former user

Post by Steve Jones »

I got this email yesterday:
"Hi
Sorry to be emailing you but I know you are very active on the,forums at Secret Leeds and was hoping you could help me.
No matter how much I try, I cannot login or even register as a new user on Secret Leeds - even when using different devices. I am also unable to contact admin, it seems whatever I try, I end up with some sort of crash.
My usernames was SKE, but I would settle for creating a new one, I just miss being a part of it!
Could you please forward my email to admin, I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you
Stewart"
email is <deleted>

Hope you can help him.
Last edited by mhoulden on Fri 09 Mar, 2018 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

tyke bhoy

Re: Help requested from former user

Post by tyke bhoy »

There is nothing I can do directly as mey admin powers are limited. MHOLDEN (Marcus) has slightly more power but I am not sure if its in his remit either. I have sent an email to DSCO highlighting this thread because if he can't do anything then there is no hope. However the not able to register as another user bit does have me worried unless it is limited to one user per email address.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

There may be some sort of problem
Latest new member is Miggylad and that was 3 months ago.
Granted we are not as popular as days gone by but 3 months seems a ling time since anybody joined.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

dogduke wrote:Granted we are not as popular as days gone by but 3 months seems a ling time since anybody joined.
Espcially when the spammers register one an hour over an hour
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

@ Steve Jones, if poss, can you remove or obliterate the email address. It will be collected by some wandering BOT, ensuing a mass of SPAM to that address.

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

I've reset his password (and removed his email address from Steve's post). Hopefully he'll be back here soon.

SKE

Post by SKE »

Hi
Well, thank you very much to everyone, particularly Steve and Marcus, I appreciate your assistance! It has actually been a year or so - perhaps two since I have been able to post on here. I have two or three email addresses, though only use the one for the most part - but the strangest thing was that I just could not either log in, reset password or even register using a brand new user name and a different email address! And this was using my phone or my iPad. I can't remember if I had tried using the lap top, surely I did (hardly use it these days) but perhaps not - I had suspected maybe Secret Leeds did not like devices - at least my devices anyway.
So, here I am and it is good to be back!

Thanks again everyone, made me happy!

tilly

Post by tilly »

Welcome back SKE.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

There's definitely a problem registering new accounts. I tried it and got an error message but no confirmation email. One for dsco to pick up.